Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking at Los Angelos Union Station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The flyaway parking structures have EV parking, and are safe. They have J1772 chargers (208Vac).

I use the Van Nuys one all the time, 8/8 times I've been able to get an EV charging spot.

You use Van Nuys what? what parking lot? I see the Flyaway bus goes to Van Nuys, but where does the bus go? And where do you park?
I have taken flyaway in the past to Union Station when using Metrolink. So I have seen the bus. But where does it go? And where do you park?

So I tried a filter for EV vehicles in my Best Parking app. And found the parking below. They will charge my car the day I return for an extra charge. Basically they move the car to the charge location and charge it.
Cheap Airport Parking Lax : Discount Lax Parking : TheParkingSpace Rates : TheParkingSpace : LAX Park Place
I can pay for secure covered parking via valet. So I may go with this. It's near LAX 30 minutes if I walk, which I won't.. lol. But should work out good. If the car gets low on power, which it shouldn't I can always call and have them do an intern charge.

So problem solved... or at least one possible solution. I will probably look at other options also. Including an actual EV Parking spot at LAX.
The one above is about $100.00 for 7 days.

You use Van Nuys what? what parking lot? I see the Flyaway bus goes to Van Nuys, but where does the bus go? And where do you park?
I have taken flyaway in the past to Union Station when using Metrolink. So I have seen the bus. But where does it go? And where do you park?

The Van Nuys Flyaway. It's a big bus terminal, with a huge parking structure on the same property. Parking is around $5 a day now. Bus tickets to LAX are less than $10. Union Station and Van Nuys have buses at least every 30 minutes or less. Van Nuys has around 10 EV spots. I've never been to Union Station, but I'm sure its similar.

Union Station Flyway has parking too, it's $8 a day. I think its shared with the Metrolink parking.

Most of the Flyaway stations have large parking structures at the bus terminal.

Flyway is like the best kept secret about getting to LAX. The parking is cheap, the stations are well located, the buses are cheap. I often use Flyaway to get close to my house, then Uber from the Flyaway terminal. Much faster and cheaper than waiting at the new ride hailing station at LAX.

https://www.flylax.com/-/media/flylax/pdfs/flyaway/flyaway-brochure.ashx

Union Station not safe IMO. Use one of the parking venues at LAX and don't worry.
The underground parking lot at Union Station is VERY safe. They have multiple J1772 charging stations in Gateway Plaza parking. Parking is $8 max per 24 hours. Charging rate is $1 per hour with a max of $3 per PlugShare. Charging stations are on level P2-D. There are more chargers at P2-H. Uses EV-Connect.

The underground parking lot at Union Station is VERY safe. They have multiple J1772 charging stations in Gateway Plaza parking. Parking is $8 max per 24 hours. Charging rate is $1 per hour with a max of $3 per PlugShare. Charging stations are on level P2-D. There are more chargers at P2-H. Uses EV-Connect.

I guess this area has improved. My memories of this area are from 30 years ago.