Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking at SeaTac airport

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a return in the form of opportunity cost. For example, I park somewhere else due to lack of charging. I do it all the time. They could be losing $150 per week per outlet with how popular they are. $4-8k per spot per year easily pays for the outlet install.

Same. I fly regularly but the 2 times I've tried parking at the airport I couldn't find a spot. I've given up and won't be using the garage because the charging is the *only* reason I would consider it vs Uber.

Hello! Any updates on parking options at SEATAC? I plan to be away 3 or 4 weeks, and would love to have a 110V outlet to plug into. So far, I've only found SeaTacPark Services, but their outlets are first-come, first-serve, which does not provide the confidence I would like. Perhaps there is a development where some parking service offers a reserved spot? Thank you!

Reactions: ArmandRose
Few times in past month, they are generally full on level 5 and even level 4 is becoming hard to obtain a spot. Number of plug in hybrids as well as lots of pure EVs.

If you’re going for > week and need to guarantee a charge, I now recommend paying the cost for town car or Uber. We’re 26 miles away and the cost just for parking on main terminal is now a wash..

Masterpark used to offer charging to coincide with your return, though haven’t used that for years. Might want to check there too

According to the Seatac website for parking there are now 36 outlets on level 5 and 12 on one other level. They are marked for EV use only. Has anyone had any recent experience with these? Do they tend to be filled up? I am going to be gone for 9 days, so a 120 outlet would be perfect.
I drove down on December 19th 2022 and got to Seatac parking at 6am tried all parking locations on level 5 listed on the Seatac parking and they were all full.

This is a little detailed but something I was looking for before taking a flight out of Seatac and debating on taking my Tesla.
I bought a 2013 Tesla Model S 85 RWD in November of 2022. I charged it up to 88% before driving down to Seatac from Lake Stevens on December 19, 2022 at 5am, arriving at 6am. It was below freezing for the drive down and the whole time we were gone. Parked in the Seatac parking garage with 59% battery (there were no plug ins available). Came back on December 22 at 10pm and the battery was down to 48%. One night it got down to 9 degrees so the car was working to keep the batteries from freezing. I never checked the app and had power save on and unchecked the always connected option. As soon as we landed I turned on defrost, the interior was 25 degrees and exterior was 20 degrees. By the time we got our bags our car was heated to 80 degrees and battery was down to 42%. Snowy drive home and below freezing so got home to Lake Stevens with 14%.