Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking brake degraded and automatic vehicle hold disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my brand new model 3 about two weeks ago. Over the last week I have been getting two notifications while I drive. 1. Automatic vehicle hold disabled
2. Parking brake degraded.

Car runs and stops fine...No issues...But is this a concern? I am new to Tesla so not sure what to do.

Tl;dr: Had the same error today which led to the car being stuck in park. I was not able to shift to drive or reverse . Reboot and power off did not help. Tesla roadside assistance said they have to get me towed.

Solution : Shift to neutral and then try drive. It let me drive with the error message . Will have to take it to the service station first thing tomorrow.. all this went down on a sunday so didnt have a chance to take it to service.

Got a MY LR less than 10 days ago. Today I started getting an error message while driving that said Parking brake functions degraded and vehicle hold disabled. I ignored the message the first couple of instances. Autopilot was no longer available and that was the next warning which said , autopilot not available. I pulled into the next rest area and put it on park. Once I put it on park, I was no longer able move it to drive or reverse. Tried rebooting the car with hard reset, 2 min long press on steering controls but it didnt work. Called Tesla roadside assistance, which took longer than 30 min, after a min the call got disconnected and the rep never called back. After another 30 min wait I could get to the tesla rep who said all she could do was get me towed to a service station in Springfield NJ ( I live in Brooklyn, NY). Their reason was that on a sunday the brooklyn service center is shut and the car cant be left out there. I have had the car for less than 2 weeks and hate tesla service . I really hope no one ever have to deal with them ever again. Given I was stuck in park I was not sure if I could get the car on to a flatbed truck, I tried to shift to neutral and that worked. From neutral it allowed me to shift to drive. Finally drove home slowly and parked. Now waiting for the service center to open tomorrow to have this checke .

Tl;dr: Had the same error today which led to the car being stuck in park. I was not able to shift to drive or reverse . Reboot and power off did not help. Tesla roadside assistance said they have to get me towed.

Solution : Shift to neutral and then try drive. It let me drive with the error message . Will have to take it to the service station first thing tomorrow.. all this went down on a sunday so didnt have a chance to take it to service.

Got a MY LR less than 10 days ago. Today I started getting an error message while driving that said Parking brake functions degraded and vehicle hold disabled. I ignored the message the first couple of instances. Autopilot was no longer available and that was the next warning which said , autopilot not available. I pulled into the next rest area and put it on park. Once I put it on park, I was no longer able move it to drive or reverse. Tried rebooting the car with hard reset, 2 min long press on steering controls but it didnt work. Called Tesla roadside assistance, which took longer than 30 min, after a min the call got disconnected and the rep never called back. After another 30 min wait I could get to the tesla rep who said all she could do was get me towed to a service station in Springfield NJ ( I live in Brooklyn, NY). Their reason was that on a sunday the brooklyn service center is shut and the car cant be left out there. I have had the car for less than 2 weeks and hate tesla service . I really hope no one ever have to deal with them ever again. Given I was stuck in park I was not sure if I could get the car on to a flatbed truck, I tried to shift to neutral and that worked. From neutral it allowed me to shift to drive. Finally drove home slowly and parked. Now waiting for the service center to open tomorrow to have this checke .
I just got this same issue, did this issue resolved? How did it go?

I just got this same issue, did this issue resolved? How did it go?
Me too! My error says parking brake degraded and parking break not set - it keeps going back and forth between the two errors. I took my Model Y to the service center in Eatontown, NJ. They tried replacing the caliper they told me but the error is not going away. They also don't seem to know how to fix this!! Did anyone on this thread get this issue resolved? Please share what the fix was.

Me too! My error says parking brake degraded and parking break not set - it keeps going back and forth between the two errors. I took my Model Y to the service center in Eatontown, NJ. They tried replacing the caliper they told me but the error is not going away. They also don't seem to know how to fix this!! Did anyone on this thread get this issue resolved? Please share what the fix was.
Maybe they replaced the wrong caliper???