Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Brake Issue - Can't Drive Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I have a Model 3 Long Range registerd in May this year with about 3,800 miles on the clock. Arrived home tonight, reversed into car port, stopped, hit the park button and got the following 3 messages rotating:

1. Parking brake not set
2. Parking brake functions degraded
3. Automatic vehicle hold disabled

I tried pressing and holding the Park button and no change.

Tried putting the car in drive, the position of the car changes as expected on the screen and then everything goes back into the park position. Did this several times and also tried using reverse but no change. So, cannot drive the car.

Also tried to set the parking brake via the control screen but the option is greyed out.

Plan to call Tesla in the morning but wondered if anyone knows a simple solution?

Thanks for reading 🙂

Hello,

I have a Model 3 Long Range registerd in May this year with about 3,800 miles on the clock. Arrived home tonight, reversed into car port, stopped, hit the park button and got the following 3 messages rotating:

1. Parking brake not set
2. Parking brake functions degraded
3. Automatic vehicle hold disabled

I tried pressing and holding the Park button and no change.

Tried putting the car in drive, the position of the car changes as expected on the screen and then everything goes back into the park position. Did this several times and also tried using reverse but no change. So, cannot drive the car.

Also tried to set the parking brake via the control screen but the option is greyed out.

Plan to call Tesla in the morning but wondered if anyone knows a simple solution?

Thanks for reading 🙂
This just happened to me on a brand new Model Y. Drive it 22 miles from the new car pickup location, car now won't go into drive exactly as described here. Good start, car is a pile of useless metal and battery. Family now without a car, thanks Tesla.

Upvote 0