Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking brake pads - aftermarket options or oem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 Model X, 94k miles. About to swap brakes and rotors. There seems to be some life left on the parking brake pads.

Does Tesla sell just the pads? I have seen NRS aftermarket pads. But I haven’t seen really any other options for after market pads.

Does any one have a link to the parking brake pads they have used? If I’m going to take the brakes all apart I thought I would swap the parking brake pads as the same time.

Thanks!

Thank you @ngng. How hard are these to change? I have some painted calipers to put on my car and wondering if i should touch the parking brake calipers at all. I see a decent amount of pad left from looking in the wheels, about 1.5x the thickness of the pad backing plate. I have 93k miles on a model S P85.

Thank you @ngng. How hard are these to change? I have some painted calipers to put on my car and wondering if i should touch the parking brake calipers at all. I see a decent amount of pad left from looking in the wheels, about 1.5x the thickness of the pad backing plate. I have 93k miles on a model S P85.

Pretty straightforward. I wouldn't worry about changing the parking pad, it's basically used for hill hold and parking. None of which actually use the pad.