Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Brake

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model X just had its 4 year service a couple of days ago. Today I open it to some warning chimes and two messages: "Parking brake may not be applied - Press and hold Park button to reset", "Parking brake not applied - Vehicle may roll".
Neither were true because I could not drive out of the garage because the parking brake would not release. I rebooted, no change. In four years this has never happened but now 2 days after being serviced the car in immoveable but fortunately at home. Any similar stories and any suggestions? I left a message at our service centre but nothing yet.

My Model X just had its 4 year service a couple of days ago. Today I open it to some warning chimes and two messages: "Parking brake may not be applied - Press and hold Park button to reset", "Parking brake not applied - Vehicle may roll".
Neither were true because I could not drive out of the garage because the parking brake would not release. I rebooted, no change. In four years this has never happened but now 2 days after being serviced the car in immoveable but fortunately at home. Any similar stories and any suggestions? I left a message at our service centre but nothing yet.

You left a message? For something like this, I would open an Emergency Road Service ticket (similar to a flat tire) even if it is in your garage. That will generate action quickly.