Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Break Function Degraded

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SR+ was delivered in December ‘19. Yesterday when I went to back out of my garage to go to work, the car would switch back to park immediately. I had to try about 5 times before I could hit the accelerator quickly enough. I could feel the parking brake engaged. Several error notices popped up on the screen. One said “Parking brake function degraded.” The others were all related to the parking brake or hold being disabled.

My first thought was to hard reset. It didn’t help. Powering off didn’t help. There are a few posts related to this, but none are helpful to me. Has anybody else had a similar experience. I’m considering doing a factory reset to see if that helps. It may be a mechanical issue, but it’s hard to believe I could have a probl

I’m in the Phoenix area. We have two service centers within 20 miles of my house. It is over 3.5 weeks to get a service appointment. I’m beyond frustrated. I can’t believe it.

My SR+ was delivered in December ‘19. Yesterday when I went to back out of my garage to go to work, the car would switch back to park immediately. I had to try about 5 times before I could hit the accelerator quickly enough. I could feel the parking brake engaged. Several error notices popped up on the screen. One said “Parking brake function degraded.” The others were all related to the parking brake or hold being disabled.

My first thought was to hard reset. It didn’t help. Powering off didn’t help. There are a few posts related to this, but none are helpful to me. Has anybody else had a similar experience. I’m considering doing a factory reset to see if that helps. It may be a mechanical issue, but it’s hard to believe I could have a probl

I’m in the Phoenix area. We have two service centers within 20 miles of my house. It is over 3.5 weeks to get a service appointment. I’m beyond frustrated. I can’t believe it.

Any update on your story? I just experienced the sans thing :(

Any update on your story? I just experienced the sans thing :(

Did you get this issue resolved? How did it go?