Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking curb & suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently bought a pre-owned 2014 Model S, and love it!

This morning was a first for me:

I pulled up to my favorite coffee spot, parked, and went in. Grabbed my joe, headed back to the car. Started backing up to hear a scraping noise... CRAP. I thought, "Ok, it's probably just the bumper guard on the bottom... it's normal, no big deal, just back up a bit more and break free." so I backup... scraping noise again, CRAP. No big deal. Just power through, back up a bit more, MORE scraping noise. Ok, something's not right. I get out, and find that I've dragged the parking curb away from the sidewalk about 4'... UGH!

I get back in the car, check the suspension - it's set on "standard". Hmm... I go ahead it set it to "high", watch it lift, and then back away from the curb.

I park away from it, reset my suspension, go back and fix the curb, and get back in my car, a little embarrassed but laughing.

Question:

What happened here? Did my suspension lower after I parked? I don't remember any scraping as I pulled on to the curb. Has anyone else run into a similar issue?