Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking in EV Charging stalls and not charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, but unfortunately you’re just preaching to the choir here.
Maybe not completely - if even one person who's done this sees this and gets the light turn on, it's helped a little.

We're all good about not parking in handicapped spaces, right? That wasn't always the case - back in the early 80's, when handicapped parking spaces first became a thing, it was the same. Anyone would park in them, telling themselves it was ok because there's more of them, no-one parks in them, they'll be right back, etc. It took a lot of us being yelled at by someone we knew to get the message unfortunately - I was one of those who had to be sternly talked to by a friend. So, this is what needs to happen now - little steps like this to get the message out to the population, one person at a time.

Reactions: boaterva
I feel like it is just as bad to take up a charging stall as an ICE vehicle parking in the same stall and not using the charging.

I have noticed EVs now just parking in stalls for the prime location and not even bother plugging in to charge. Pretty rude no?

What do you guys think?
Leave them a polite note.

I have noticed EVs now just parking in stalls for the prime location and not even bother plugging in to charge. Pretty rude no?

What do you guys think?

I don’t do a lot of non-home or non-Tesla charging, but from what I’ve been reading from Plug Share check-ins, charger malfunctions seems to be fairly common. I’m wondering how many of these EVs that are taking up an EV space without plugging in is due to a broken charger?