Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking in my garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The button looks like a little purple camera lens with a glare spot in the upper right corner. You first get to it by pushing the "..." button in the bottom, middle of the screen to bring up all the available apps. Push the lens button to get the full-screen camera views. If you push and hold the "..." button, you can drag apps to the bottom of the screen to stay permanently.

(I would post a picture, but I have not done that yet on this forum.)

I have a 2 car garage . When I park in the garage I do not see any front camera on dashboard like the rear camera . I just got a model y last week
Until Tesla adds an update to add the parking support via Tesla Vision, in the interim, it might be easier to park backing up. We recently picked up a Model Y as well. I setup one of those cheap wall mounted sensors to alert the parking distance for my wife.

Could you elaborate on those wall mounted sensors? Link? I might be interested.
Yep. I bought one of these. It basically has a distance/proximity sensor that shifts the warning light from green -> yellow -> red once you reach the set adjustable distance; if you do end up picking one up, I'd recommend powering it via a USB cord.

It's been helpful for pulling into the garage, as from my seating position, I cant see the hood/corners of the car at all. Backing in I have no real issue though.

I use a tennis ball hung from the ceiling so it hits the drivers side mirror when in the right spot.
This is what we had before until it was unnoticeably caught in a door and pulled out of the ceiling. 😭 😂

What I do like about the proximity light is that it works relatively well on any vehicle. There's nothing that needs to be set per vehicle, or used as a reference point, as its just measuring the distance between the wall and bumper.

• Informative
Reactions: HSATD
The button looks like a little purple camera lens with a glare spot in the upper right corner. You first get to it by pushing the "..." button in the bottom, middle of the screen to bring up all the available apps. Push the lens button to get the full-screen camera views. If you push and hold the "..." button, you can drag apps to the bottom of the screen to stay permanently.

(I would post a picture, but I have not done that yet on this forum.)
I was able to find it . I got good front view
. It seems to record everything. I cannot delete the recordings. I
I would like the camera in front when in pull into park in the garage

We have used mats like these in our garage forever. We have never used parking sensors, because they are not precise enough. If I could, I would use geofencing to disable parking sensors in our garage. All they do is make a lot of noise and provide no value (for our garage parking).

I have had one of these for 10years. It works well and has never moved. Has rubber feet so it stays where you put it.
Aluminum Parking stop.
8E10FD9D-CF1F-495D-A8D6-AFBED7542C08.jpeg

I'm enjoying my 2021 MY that still tells me how far I am from objects in front when I park (in my garage or elsewhere). It reacts to changes, like when someone puts an object at the front of the garage. The tennis ball and parking mats won't do that. I predict that software advances in the future will turn on the front camera in low speed conditions with an object in front. Patiently waiting. Maybe I should tweet?

We have used mats like these in our garage forever. We have never used parking sensors, because they are not precise enough. If I could, I would use geofencing to disable parking sensors in our garage. All they do is make a lot of noise and provide no value (for our garage parking).
Thanks, never saw this. But yah, there are definitely ways around it, just funny that we have to resort to it.

There's a great big window in the front of the car that lets you see what is in front of you, hence no need for a camera to duplicate that view. If you can't tell where you are by looking, get out and see where you are and what it looks like from inside. After a while you will be able to correlate what you see out the window with where the car is relative to nearby objects. It's a very useful skill to develop.

Have to admit this is my first car that has cameras and sensors of any kind. I have a lot of trouble remembering to look at the screen.