Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking in two spots to block “B” stall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for the soundtrack, I had to replace the original one because Youtube rights dinged me with what I had playing at the time. Just put it on mute.
Some artist should compose a catchy song "Evil Google" and release it under CC license, so anyone who has to replace the soundtrack because of their DRM software could use that for free instead.

Last edited:
Reading this confused me a bit. I supercharge only as few times a year and when I park exactly between the lines, the cable can not reach. This is at the Detroit Lake OR spot and the charge stations are centered between the lines. I just saw a picture in the nature pictures thread and see that the Detroit Lake lines are badly positioned. Confusion averted.

Reactions: MarkKW
Reading this confused me a bit. I supercharge only as few times a year and when I park exactly between the lines, the cable can not reach. This is at the Detroit Lake OR spot and the charge stations are centered between the lines. I just saw a picture in the nature pictures thread and see that the Detroit Lake lines are badly positioned. Confusion averted.

I used the super chargers in this picture too. My car was out of the picture. I parked dead center in the lines and the supercharger reached fine

If people are thinking that he parked that way to prevent slower charging from a paired stall...it doesn't work that way.

The first person to a paired stall gets full current. The second person pulling in gets only what is left over from the first to arrive. As the first car begins to taper, then the 2nd person begins to get additional juice.

Unless the second person double taps the button on the first car. Doing this resets the order giving the second car priority. It trucks the SC into thinking the first car arrived after. Scumbag thing to do but it’s been done before.

Unless the second person double taps the button on the first car. Doing this resets the order giving the second car priority. It trucks the SC into thinking the first car arrived after. Scumbag thing to do but it’s been done before.

Wow, never thought of that one, but if I get a Charging Interrupted notification and dashcams show anyone near my car there will be a much more interesting post here than someone parked over the lines ;)

Reactions: Corsair
Massholes are a dime a dozen. This behavior could be self policed and tesla could fine the registration $10/hr for no charging and another $10/hr for blocking stall 2 with time stamped photos. Soon these type of people would stop being inconsiderate, sue tesla or sell their car for a BMW.

Massholes are a dime a dozen. This behavior could be self policed and tesla could fine the registration $10/hr for no charging and another $10/hr for blocking stall 2 with time stamped photos. Soon these type of people would stop being inconsiderate, sue tesla or sell their car for a BMW.

No way to really police it without installing Cams at all charging stations (already submitted the idea for Live Cams at all Superchargers to Elon for safety and to see if they are really full or not).