Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking in Zermatt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone with experience parking at the Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn parking while in Zermatt? I am planning going there next February and I am concern it will not be easy to get a charging spot. Apparently 24 free charging spot are available but I wonder if I should count on it ?

Anyone with experience parking at the Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn parking while in Zermatt? I am planning going there next February and I am concern it will not be easy to get a charging spot. Apparently 24 free charging spot are available but I wonder if I should count on it ?

In any case book ahead. Enquire about reserving a charging space at one of the parkings here, just ring your chosen parking. On their standard booking page I could not see directly how to get a charging spot. Charging seems to be free. I would also recommend getting the train ticket at the same time (option offered by the parking).

In any case book ahead. Enquire about reserving a charging space at one of the parkings here, just ring your chosen parking. On their standard booking page I could not see directly how to get a charging spot. Charging seems to be free. I would also recommend getting the train ticket at the same time (option offered by the parking).
Yes, I have already booked the parking in advance and the train tickets. I could not find a way in their site either to book a charging spot. I will try and give them a call. I was wondering if it is a local practice to move the car once charged.

I got in touch via email and got a response within 10 minutes ! You cannot book the charging spots but they are apparently reasonably available. They deliver 22kW and I can charge up to 17 with my S. I will report back later in February.

Glad I charged enough at the Steg-Hohtenn Supercharger. The charging spots were all occupied when I came in on Saturday. Mostly Tesla’s but also a few PHEV which did not really need the charge but blocked the stall ! (EV charging stalls should be pure EV only in my opinion as PHEV are a joke : why block a 22kw stall for a week to charge a tiny battery ?). I pulled in with enough charge to go back to the supercharger when I leave next Saturday. Another clear demonstration that long range travel is only viable with a Tesla.
Also 18 stalls (6 per floor) for 2500 or so parking spots....Appreciate the effort and the free charging but you really can rely on those to make it back.
None of the Teslas left a note with a number to call for people in need to swap parking spot. Could be useful.

Reactions: Temiatwork