TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

parking light issue, need advice

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Carl W, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Carl W

Carl W 2008, #311 thunder gray 1.5

My 2008 roadster passenger side parking light that is within the headlight assembly is out and I don't know how to access the bulb. As you'll see in the pictures, I'm talking about the tiny light that is just above the high beam light. I wouldn't really care that it's out except I keep getting screen warnings telling me to check my right low beam. My low beam is fine, but the little parking light is out.

I pulled off the headlight assembly access panel and I'm pretty sure the light in question is the one that the "plug" (seen in the pictures) is attached to. However, when I disconnected the plug, I still can't seem to access the bulb itself. I didn't want to force it. Anyone know how to access it?

Secondly, if you know how to access it, anyone know what replacement bulb I should order?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. MLAUTO

MLAUTO Member

#2 MLAUTO, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    You need to remove the round rubber cover behind the parking light. It takes a #168 bulb.
    SAM_4268.JPG

• Informative x 1
  3. Carl W

Carl W 2008, #311 thunder gray 1.5

Thanks! Based on where the rubber covers were compared to where the parking light is, I didn't think it was accessible that way. Good to know that's how it works.