Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking lights after unlock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes when I unlock the car with the fob, the parking lights blink then stay off. Other times they blink and stay on. Most perplexing was in the middle of last week at work when I went out to my car during a bright day to retrieve something, unlocked and they stayed on after unlocking. 5 minutes later (to replace the item) they stayed off. I used to suspect it had to do with ambient light; but it doesn't seem to matter. Does anybody out there know when/why they stay on or don't? (v5.8.4, no tech)

I'm waking up this thread again.
I still have not figured this out. It's run by a program, so there have to be rules behind it.
Every day when I leave work at 4:00pm, I unlock the car and the parking lights stay on.
If I go to the grocery store after dark, when I come out and unlock the car the lights stay off most of the time; but not always. (Lit parking lot.)
I am leaning towards it having a certain relationship to the car being asleep, but I think there's more to it than that.
v5.11 now.