Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking lot accident, need advice!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently my beloved Model S was struck in a parking lot. Another car attempted to cut a corner around me and scraped across my rear right. There is some significant gouging in the rear bumper cover, as well as the edge of the trunk lid - see pics below.
IMG_3102.jpg
IMG_3105.JPG

No damage anywhere else that I can tell. I am currently in discussions with insurance because my car was in reverse at the time of the accident, although stationary. The other driver is claiming that I reversed into them. But I'm mostly looking for body shop advice. A few questions:

1) Can anyone give an estimated cost for replacement of the bumper cover? Is a replacement necessary or is it possible to repair these things?

2) Thoughts on the trunk lid? Will this be easily repairable?

3) I'm near San Jose and the SF Peninsula - any recommendations for where to have the work done? Thanks!

We had very similar damage to our MS. Ours had no damage to the hardware under the bumper cover (except for one damaged parking sensor) but the damage included a 2" crease in the lower edge of the trunk lid. The repair totaled about $1,800.

Previously, we had damage that was only the bumper cover, no damage to the parking sensor or trunk lid and it was about $1,300.

I had similar corner damage on Model S. Never repaired it. Washed it and used cquartz.com CarPro reload Silica Spray Sealant after each wash as needed.

Someday I will get the repair, but it would require repainting. The streaks of black plastic blend well with the Signature Red color!

An earlier hit on the clear bra covered bumper was unreal. Clear bra kept the paint intact. Only had to replace the clear bra. Unfortunately, my corner wasn't covered in clear bra.