Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking lot lines on the computer screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pianewman

2021 MYLR VIN 88,XXX, Rd/Wh, 12/20 delivery
Supporting Member
Oct 28, 2020
Fort Worth
88xxx, 12/26/2021 delivery. Now at 8k miles.

When parked exactly in the center of a striped parking space, the display shows that I'm CLOSER to the white line on the right than I am on the left. Also, when rolling in reverse, the passenger-side white guidance line on the screen doesn't seem accurate.

Can this be adjusted? Should I simply recalibrate the cameras?

88xxx, 12/26/2021 delivery. Now at 8k miles.

When parked exactly in the center of a striped parking space, the display shows that I'm CLOSER to the white line on the right than I am on the left. Also, when rolling in reverse, the passenger-side white guidance line on the screen doesn't seem accurate.

Can this be adjusted? Should I simply recalibrate the cameras?
Do you have FSD? I only have standard, and rarely if ever even see parking spot lines...

I wasn't very clear in my post.

My question is regarding the white guidance lines on the screen while in reverse. When I use them to park in a lined parking space, and park exactly where the lines guide me to park, I'm not in the center of the space, and also am frequently parked crooked. I can mentally make the adjustment, but others in my family might not be able to.

I'm asking if the white guidance lines, while in reverse, can be adjusted/calibrated? Are they tied into the other cameras?

Last edited:
I wasn't very clear in my post.

My question is regarding the white guidance lines on the screen while in reverse. When I use them to park in a lined parking space, and park exactly where the lines guide me to park, I'm not in the center of the space, and also am frequently parked crooked. I can mentally make the adjustment, but others in my family might not be able to.

I'm asking if the white guidance lines, while in reverse, can be adjusted/calibrated? Are they tied into the other cameras?
You mean when backing into a spot vs pulling in?

I'm not sure calibration of the rear camera will adjust those lines.

Dodge has similar predictive curving lines when backing up, I use it to back into my garage, and find myself ~5" +/-. I have to use my mirrors for better accuracy. Tesla auto tilt mirrors during backup is a major plus for getting better alignment.

I don't have any issue with the backup camera lines. The left one is the one I used most for backing up our very narrow driveway for overnight charging. Using the line I can place the car within couple of inches (probably less) of where I want.