Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking sensor for hearing impaired driver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming you're talking about Tesla, you have a visual representation when parking in reverse (camera) and the color coded "rings" with distance showing on the instrument cluster. I don't have hearing issues, but I would not rely on the audible signal anyway as it always seem to come late (especially when I am parking with confidence = quickly).

I have 50/70% L/R hearing loss, and I've never had an issue in Teslas with (loaners) or without (mine) parking sensors. Actually, the ones with parking sensors are annoying because I park very close to a big cement column at work, so the sensors go off annoyingly. Between the tilting mirrors and the rear camera, there's no real issue.

Thank you for the replies,

The vehicle is not mine, it's a gift from a family member, it has some minor issues including busted parking sensors.
Yes it can be annoying but it helps. :)

I think I may have found what I need. I ordered it from Amazon, it's a wireless parking sensor I can connect to my phone (as promised) , https://www.amazon.com/FenSens-Smart-Wireless-Parking-Sensor/dp/B0711ND5ZS

It lacks reviews from first hand users so I'm hoping someone here used this before?