Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Sensor Issue After Car Wrap!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently got my Model Y wrapped and noticed that when I parked my car back in the Garage the front parking sensors that tells you how far something is, are not working anybody else have this issue? (Attached is the photo of to color change I Did)
AF6F06C6-A79D-4809-A414-56D89EDD4BED.jpeg
2EA7ACA5-30B5-4005-A71C-09273C3493C1.jpeg
3E37B827-6B7A-4054-82FC-CED58F378EAC.jpeg
A4CE0E16-1457-48B2-8E26-29678EC33ABF.jpeg

The color is...unique to say the least. If you’re happy that’s all that matters. As far as the parking sensors etc. just go back to the detailer shop and explain to him. They can cut around the sensors so you won’t have any issues. My detailer did that for me when I was getting PPF installed. It should not be an issue. It’s a very simple fix.

I also email i1Tesla from You tube apparently its the new update

The color is...unique to say the least. If you’re happy that’s all that matters. As far as the parking sensors etc. just go back to the detailer shop and explain to him. They can cut around the sensors so you won’t have any issues. My detailer did that for me when I was getting PPF installed. It should not be an issue. It’s a very simple fix.

So what you're trying to say is that this is the color you'd see inside the diaper of a newborn? I actually love how unique this is. Would I choose it? No. Do I respect the effort? Absolutely. :D

OP, good luck with the sensor issue!

Reactions: NJEV-Don
I am having the same issue, middle rear sensors not working, I cannot recall if it stopped working before or after the wrap, for some reason i thought it was after the last big update and before the wrap. (wife's car so dont have best info).

The front sensors work and the rear side ones work. just middle rear. may consider slicing the wrap around to sensor to see if it fixes it, hoping to avoid that.