Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Sensor Retrofit.. Tesla Service Bulletin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too would like to know about this! I have an early 2013 S85!

Me too! Feb 2013 build.

I had heard quite some time ago that it was crazy expensive. Forget the exact amount but it was in the thousands.Tesla even insists on both front and rear bumper skins being replaced because they won't drill holes into the existing ones. For a small fraction of what Tesla wants, you could get a decent 12 V shop to install an after-market set. You wouldn't get the fancy integration with the car's screens however.

Here’s some communication I received on retrofitting my 2013 Model S back in Nov 2015. It’s a feature I’d love to have, but $7k
was more than I was willing to pay. I do appreciate having the option to retrofit.
8B81FE20-FFE3-45D9-A625-C2F570005D2D.jpeg

The wiring harness for the parking sensor was being added in late July '13. So if you build date was after 1 Aug, you can count on the harness being there.

I have two friends here that in 2014, had the parking sensor added to their Model S. The cost was $4,000 + tax. Ask again and get it in writing. I suspect the price will be some where close to the figure we saw before by my Tesla owner friends.

GA24, are you also- separately referring to the front mounted camera that connects to the center console? Tesla will not install it. But therre's an effort underway with people here on TMC to make the installation a lot more user friendly.