Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Sensor(s) May Be Obstructed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, was wondering if anyone had a clue what this could be.

I am getting the error on the title. I am also showing that the front right side sensor always thinks there is something in the way (see picture) even when there is nothing nearby.

Some backgrounders - My car is wrapped and never had an issue. I had to get the front bumper wrapped again because some scratched the side of my front bumper. The first day I drove it, no problem. It was a few days later when I drove my car again and that is when the issue began. So, I am not sure if the wrap has anything to do with it. The person who did my wrap asked me to take it to Tesla. I don't want Tesla to say they need to remove the wrap to look into it so I thought I would ask you guys.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9544.jpg
    IMG_9544.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_8444.jpg
    IMG_8444.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 182
I started getting a similar error happening when I was driving on the freeway where the right front parking sensor was flashing yellow off and on in my display and when I had it in autopilot the car would signal for a lane change to the right but would never actually perform the lane change because the sensor thought it was detecting something. I took it in for service and they ended up replacing the parking sensor (my car is still under warranty which was helpful). I didn't have any issues driving home but that's all I've driven so far so time will tell if it was truly a bad sensor or not. I too have clear wrap on my car but I don't think that could be the problem since it was professionally done and isn't on the sensor.

I started getting a similar error happening when I was driving on the freeway where the right front parking sensor was flashing yellow off and on in my display and when I had it in autopilot the car would signal for a lane change to the right but would never actually perform the lane change because the sensor thought it was detecting something. I took it in for service and they ended up replacing the parking sensor (my car is still under warranty which was helpful). I didn't have any issues driving home but that's all I've driven so far so time will tell if it was truly a bad sensor or not. I too have clear wrap on my car but I don't think that could be the problem since it was professionally done and isn't on the sensor.
It is possible my sensor is bad. My car is still under warranty also but I didn't want them to have to remove the wrap. :( I literally just had it re-wrapped.