TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Parking sensors Hawaii

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by drtko147, Dec 12, 2013.

1. drtko147

drtko147 Member

I was wondering if anyone has had any aftermarket parking sensors installed? What did you have done? What about Curb Alert?

2. drtko147

drtko147 Member

Has anyone gotten the parking sensors retrofitted from Tesla?

3. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

Very early on in ownership I would have seriously considered it. By the time the retrofit was available, I got to know the distance to curb stops well enough that I no longer feel the need for it. As for the rear, the back up camera suffices. With all that said, on a new car I'm sure I would order the option anyway. $5k for a retrofit is a bit rich for me though.

4. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

Tesla is not offering a retrofit for them as of yet.

5. drtko147

drtko147 Member

Thanks for the information. From what I read in the forum, I don't think I'm wired for it anyway.

6. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

Yeah, neither am I. Luke at the service center said if you don't have the wiring it would likely be $4k-$5k for a retrofit.

7. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

TeslaTap has a description of a product that he installed to provide parking assist. And there's Rick Hesel (artsci) that has worked with WhiteP85 to develop a front cam solution that will give us an assist for parking. Those both are worth looking into.

8. drtko147

drtko147 Member

As for the front camera, I am waiting for the switch box to be delivered. I have the wires and the camera for the installation.