Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

parking sensors working intermittently

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since the last update(2019.16.2), the parking sensors work occasionally but not always. They always turn on when in reverse, but not always when going forward or in traffic. anyone else have these issues?

Haven't noticed that- but I did notice today backing out of a parking space (with no car on either side of me, and nothing behind me either) the drivers rear sensors were insisting STOP like I was about to hit something...and there was absolutely nothing there. First time it's ever done that.

When my car was delivered, it had a bad #1 (left front) parking sensor. I had intermittent parking distance indications. Most often they didn’t appear in forward or reverse. Additionally, NOA, auto lane change, summon, and auto park did not work. I called support and they were able to do a remote diagnostic, review the car’s logs and identify that failed sensor. Was only at the dealership for about 30 minutes to have it replaced. Like magic, everything started working and has been rock solid ever since.

Haven't noticed that- but I did notice today backing out of a parking space (with no car on either side of me, and nothing behind me either) the drivers rear sensors were insisting STOP like I was about to hit something...and there was absolutely nothing there. First time it's ever done that.

I've seen this exact thing a few times on this software build. I park like 18 inches from the parking block, come out an hour later and the front sensor is red STOP. Get out look in front... nothing there.