Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking with Smart Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Smart Summon is mostly unnecessary but AWESOME! I find the Go to Target feature just as fun. Has anyone else used it to park their car in a lot?
Here is some of what I have learned so far: If there are spaces where no cars are parked you can send it there since the final direction it will face is not easily controlled.
I discovered a technique to park in a space with limited success: Send your Tesla down a lane where there are many open spaces and stop. Now pick a space just in front and a couple lanes over. The track should go through several spaces. Stop just before getting to a space.
What successes have other people had?

I had an unexpected result yesterday after summoning my car. It refused to open! I was standing there with my iPad, which I use as my key, and the doors wouldn't unlock. I had to dig out my fob in order to get in, but then everything worked properly.

I also carelessly used Go To Target to stop in the lane outside my door, and sure enough, it stopped... right in the middle of the lane, blocking all traffic. I thought it was hilarious but I got the sense that others were annoyed. That's good advice to pick a Target that's not right in the middle of everything.

Smart Summon is currently designed for pick up, not parking, as Tam said. I suspect that at some point later, Tesla will add the parking ability. Tesla could do this by integrating the auto park feature into Smart Summon's "go to target" mode. Basically, you could use the "go to target" mode by when the car gets close to a parking spot, the auto park feature could take over. Also, Tesla is probably waiting for auto park to work with just lines before they implementing parking in Smart Summon. I suspect that is what the upcoming Smart Park will be.

Musk predicts Smart Park in a "a month or two" but admits it might be silly at first (ie suck). Take his predictions with a large grain of salt.

71497110_10218455466491316_7091435436026888192_n.jpg

Smart Summon is currently designed for pick up, not parking, as Tam said. I suspect that at some point later, Tesla will add the parking ability. Tesla could do this by integrating the auto park feature into Smart Summon's "go to target" mode. Basically, you could use the "go to target" mode by when the car gets close to a parking spot, the auto park feature could take over. Also, Tesla is probably waiting for auto park to work with just lines before they implementing parking in Smart Summon. I suspect that is what the upcoming Smart Park will be.
Of course it's not for parking yet! But that doesn't mean parking is not possible. Just curious if others are trying to park with it too.

I'm laughing, but it is not funny at all..... How could I be *that* stupid to buy FSD last year.

Well in fairness Autopilot 2 was announced three years ago now... who knew there would be absolutely no FSD (the ~2016-2018 FSD option) differentiating features three years later. Tesla never made it known that’s for sure, not after January 2017 anyway...

• Love
Reactions: croman