TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Park'N Fly Toronto Valet EV Charger

Discussion in 'Canada' started by iKhalid, Dec 18, 2015.

1. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

Hello,

I live in Mississauga and Tomorrow I'm leaving the country for 3 weeks.
    I checked Park'N Fly and they have EV charging service for Valet customers (not the same as YYZ valet); when I called, the lady wasn't very helpful and just wanted to finish the call ASAP. Then I went to check their reviews on Google and it is 1.7 stars from 36 reviewers (there are ones with horror stories too).

Are there owners who used their service? I try my best to avoid valet but sometimes my choices are limited. My next choice would be Uber XL since we are a family of 4 with 3 large bags, but I thought it would be more convenient to have my own car.

2. wayner

wayner Active Member

For shorter trips I would recommend the normal Valet service if you have a Platinum Amex card as they waive the $25 valet fee and give you 15% off the rate.

But do you really need to be plugged in? Range charge before you go and you should be fine as I doubt the vampire losses will drain you that much over three weeks and being in Miss. it isn't like you have a 200km drive home.

3. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

I agree with you about not needing to charge, but would you still use them (Park'N Fly) without the valet? i.e. is their parking lot safe?

4. paul7200

paul7200 Member

I used park & fly in Vancouver, they have a charger there as well for Valet customers. In my case, they didn't keep it plugged in for the entire time I was away; only for the first few hours and then they moved it to the back of the lot somewhere. Worked for me though, I had nearly 80% charge when I returned a week later.

5. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

I used to park at Ottawa's and never had issues, but since Toronto is a bigger city with obviously more problems, I thought I would ask just in case. Many reported on the reviews that their cars were damaged and belongings were stollen...

6. wayner

wayner Active Member

I haven't used them in a few years but I haven't had any issues when I have had my car parked at their YYZ location. But then again I didn't have a car worth 1/8 of a million at the time.

7. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Ditto. I've used YYZ Park 'n Fly with no issues in the past. No experience with EV charging, however.

8. DMC-Orangeville

DMC-Orangeville 85D and John Deere 5100E

I've used them several times. In all cases my car was left on the charger the full time ( I check the App daily). I ask the attendants every time I leave the car, of their familiarity with Tesla. All of them knew what to do. I show them the J1772 adapter, but I think they may have their own on site. The EVSE are Eaton (32 amp, I believe). Picked up the car with 90% SOC every time.

My trips are usually 3-4 days. I have CPSA, so parking is MUCH less expensive than Pearson

9. Judge Advocate

Just take a taxi! Geez! Leave your car at home.

10. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

We ended up with 4 large luggage bags, strollers, 2 kids (2car seats) and 2 adults.

I doubt that a minivan would fit all or Uber XL.