Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Part 2 reveal (post Q1 results CC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So using the UMC I would just need a 220v circuit installed in my garage and I would he good to go?
Can someone post a picture?

You get an electrician to install a NEMA14-50 socket like you find at campgrounds and RV-parks. Then you plug in UMC "adpater cable"...
qM3CeuM.jpg

Maybe they will announce that all Model 3 come with "Auto Uber mode". You click a button on your smart-phone and your Model 3 is available for self-driving hire. While you are at work or sleeping, your car is out roaming around collecting fares to shuttle people from here to there. Your car ends up paying for itself when you aren't using it..

:p

There is some really wild speculation going on here! A wagon/crossover? lol that's a completely new car.

Based on tidbits from what Elon has already divulged in his tweets, part 2 will almost certainly involve a revolutionary steering "system" and an amazing HUD, perhaps even holographic.

They're also *very* likely to announce much more advanced autonomous driving capabilities, aka autopilot 2.0, with possibly a suite of new options...i.e. summon 2.0 - the model 3 will open your garage door, exit, close the door, but will now be able to drive a short distance on its own to go pick you up... and autopark 2.0 - upon request, the model 3 will actively seek out a parking spot; upon finding one it will stop itself accordingly and park.

There is some really wild speculation going on here! A wagon/crossover? lol that's a completely new car.

Based on tidbits from what Elon has already divulged in his tweets, part 2 will almost certainly involve a revolutionary steering "system" and an amazing HUD, perhaps even holographic.

They're also *very* likely to announce much more advanced autonomous driving capabilities, aka autopilot 2.0, with possibly a suite of new options...i.e. summon 2.0 - the model 3 will open your garage door, exit, close the door, but will now be able to drive a short distance on its own to go pick you up... and autopark 2.0 - upon request, the model 3 will actively seek out a parking spot; upon finding one it will stop itself accordingly and park.

This is something I think would be a great next step in the autonomous feature. The ability to say, go to the store, get out of your car at the door and then find a spot and park itself. Then when you are done shopping, summon the car and have it come pick you up at the door.

Dan

Navigating a parking lot where both adults and kids pop out from behind other cars is far more complicated/dangerous than navigating city streets. Granted, modern computer vision can many times outperform a human, can look in multiple directions at once, respond far faster than any human can hope to, and can recognize people behind objects.

I'm just hoping for city or neighborhood level autonomy where you can specify a destination and it'll try to get you there. This alone would be much better than current autopilot features.

• Informative
Reactions: Woosie

Revolutionary steering system yes, but unless I'm mistaken Elon has never alluded to a HUD in any fashion. That has just been total speculation on this board.

Maybe they will announce that all Model 3 come with "Auto Uber mode". You click a button on your smart-phone and your Model 3 is available for self-driving hire. While you are at work or sleeping, your car is out roaming around collecting fares to shuttle people from here to there. Your car ends up paying for itself when you aren't using it..

So using the UMC I would just need a 220v circuit installed in my garage and I would he good to go?

Can someone post a picture?

I will leave it at that and check the charging threads for my further questions. Thanks for the info you all:)
The UMC plugs into any standard 14-50 outlet:

24976443252_f8f44f50ed_z.jpg

No need for anything fancy, such as installing a fixed EVSE. Downside of using the UMC is that if you are going on a long trip where you might need it, you have to remember to unplug it and put it in the trunk.

• Helpful
Reactions: LectrikPower
Revolutionary steering system yes, but unless I'm mistaken Elon has never alluded to a HUD in any fashion. That has just been total speculation on this board.
Elon MuskVerified account‏@elonmusk
@HBL_Cosmin Wait until you see the real steering controls and system for the 3. It feels like a spaceship.

A lot of the HUD speculation comes out of the "It feels like a spaceship" tweet. Knowing as we do that the 15" display is "final", Elon is implying that something else (steering and control-wise) will make the car feel like a spaceship. So, yes, having a HUD is speculation, but it's one of a number of possibilities and not completely baseless.

Last edited:

Hmm... Looks like this idea made it into the new Tesla Master Plan !