Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Part Availability Nightmare

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MX has been in the autobody shop since mid-October. I only had my MX for 1.5 weeks (took delivery on 9/28) before a driver ran a red light and hit the front of my car. The repair is nearly done except for the last 4 weeks, I have been waiting on the left fog lamp (p/n 1034326-00-B). Both the autobody shop and myself have escalated this issue, but to date no improvement or visibility on getting this part. This morning I was told again that the eta has been pushed out to Dec. 19th.

I'm frustrated to say the least. I'm reaching out to this forum to see if anyone has other ideas to get a hold of this part.

I kid you not, I just checked there and there are like 12 of the RIGHT fog lamp but no LEFT ones!!!

That's because when you run a red light, you have less time to react when coming from the left. When coming from the right, you would've already crossed traffic. So every Model X has a good right fog lamp and no good left ones.

Now that I'm done making stuff up....
Your left or my left?

Driver side for $125
Passenger side for $149

If it was me though, I'd want a new part if I'm not the one at fault. But then again, I'd also like my car back too.

That's because when you run a red light, you have less time to react when coming from the left. When coming from the right, you would've already crossed traffic. So every Model X has a good right fog lamp and no good left ones.

Now that I'm done making stuff up....
Your left or my left?

Driver side for $125
Passenger side for $149

If it was me though, I'd want a new part if I'm not the one at fault. But then again, I'd also like my car back too.

Well, Tesla said there's a different part for the 2018 MX. So, I've been waiting on a specific fog lamp part. I know EOQ is going on right now, I just wish Tesla would at least divert 1 fog lamp from their production lane to address this delinquent part.

Have you tried Executive Escalation under your My Tesla account? I used that feature back in January when my local SC couldn't secure a rubber door seal for over two weeks. The representative worked with Fremont to expedite the parts.

Yes, my case is under executive escalation. The answer I'm getting is this part is completely depleted. I'm guessing their supply chain planning team need to ratchet up their forecast for their parts support line and not just focus on new car line.

Well, the auto body shop will need to charge for additional work since they need to put the front bumper on and when the left front fog lamp comes in, then they have to take the bumper off again. They didn't think the insurance company will approve the extra work.

They did for me. Once I was able reach a human with enough brain power and authority to realize that 90 minutes of additional shop labor was way cheaper than another six weeks of car rental.

Reactions: MJGolf and jgrgnt
This is why I tell everyone to buy the optional expensive car rental coverage. I have $10k to spend on rental car

Good luck getting that part, I waited 20 days for mine

Well, my rental insurance did run out after 1 month. Luckily, the accident wasn't my fault, so it's covered by the other insurance company. Besides, Tesla now has stepped in too to pay for my rental car(for 1.5 weeks now).

Reactions: BulldogsRus