Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Part delay - backordered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my Model S in J&B Body Works in New York, one of best shops in the area, since June 8th. They have every part except 1, which is backordered and no ETA date. It's almost already 2 months. Is there anything I can do here or with Tesla since this is a Tesla part delay? Not sure what I'm trying to get out of this post either just anxious and desperate at this point lol.

Btw basically they needed to change the whole suspension on passenger front side. They said they are waiting on links and knuckles. Not sure what takes so long to get these damn parts! LOL

Last edited:
Can you or did you ask J&B for details of why it is taking so long? Yeah, we know they will tell you, 'supply chain issues', but, maybe a little more insight would be helpful to you? Like, are they having a problem getting the parts from Tesla? Does Tesla give them any details on where the parts are coming from and or how long, etc.? I feel for you greatly on this.

Reactions: besnova
Can you or did you ask J&B for details of why it is taking so long? Yeah, we know they will tell you, 'supply chain issues', but, maybe a little more insight would be helpful to you? Like, are they having a problem getting the parts from Tesla? Does Tesla give them any details on where the parts are coming from and or how long, etc.? I feel for you greatly on this.
They said it’s backordered from Tesla and they keep reaching out for updates. I told them just get a used part from eBay or whatever as long as it’s not in bad condition and get it done. It comes next week. It’ll cost me less to have Tesla replace that part if needed than to pay for rental out of pocket. I reach my $ max Monday then it’s $100/day after for a Versa. Hopefully it’ll be done by the weekend or week after. Then gotta tow it to Tesla because they said there’s potential front motor oil leak but at least I’ll have a loaner for indefinite time.

Reactions: Pstreicher1
I have my Model S in J&B Body Works in New York, one of best shops in the area, since June 8th. They have every part except 1, which is backordered and no ETA date. It's almost already 2 months. Is there anything I can do here or with Tesla since this is a Tesla part delay? Not sure what I'm trying to get out of this post either just anxious and desperate at this point lol.

Btw basically they needed to change the whole suspension on passenger front side. They said they are waiting on links and knuckles. Not sure what takes so long to get these damn parts! LOL
Same situation for me in CA, but now over 2 mo. 1 major part (the rear subframe) with no ETA. Very frustrating.

My M3 has been in authorized body shop for suspension work for OVER 3 MONTHS. Parts were ordered June 28. The rear subframe part has not arrived. Tesla acknowledges the order with the shop, but gives no estimate of when it will be delivered. 6,000 of these parts are installed in new cars each week 60 miles away at the Fremont factory. Something is seriously wrong. It is not a tech part. It is stamped sheet metal.

Reactions: Cavedriver
My M3 has been in authorized body shop for suspension work for OVER 3 MONTHS. Parts were ordered June 28. The rear subframe part has not arrived. Tesla acknowledges the order with the shop, but gives no estimate of when it will be delivered. 6,000 of these parts are installed in new cars each week 60 miles away at the Fremont factory. Something is seriously wrong. It is not a tech part. It is stamped sheet metal.
Have you gotten your car back yet? And if so, when?

Is there anything we can do or just sit there - pay monthly lease - and not be able to drive our car? I have part on back order with no ETA and the part is installed daily on numerous new vehicles - with no regard for current owners. How is this legal? I love my car but would think twice before buying another Tesla as this is very upsetting.

I have similar situation with my Model S that was accidented in Decmeber. It has been over 6 months that we are waiting for following parts. 1005261-00-H, 1005262-00-H, 1058539-00-B, 10792781-01-C, 1005265-05-F and 1024368-S0-B.
Tesla’s parts procurement system is so convoluted. Apparently all these parts are available at Tesla Service Center. However, since the car is at Garage, the garage cannot directly buy these parts from service Center. Rather they have to order from the portal which is completely automated. No human interaction there.
I am so disappointed as why this is the least focused area of Tesla. Due to their bad practices, insurance companies might start increasing their premiums as parts delivery is totally unpredictable. Also it will hurt Tesla’s future sales as potential buyers will remain worried about their car’s future in case of any incident happen to their cars. I want to remain positive but I am losing my grounds here. 6 months is a lot of time and still I have absolutely no visibility that when the parts will arrive and when the car will be back on road. Any thing I can do to expedite?

Reactions: ajherran
I ran over a piece of debris on the road and it skipped up and damaged my driver’s side door and passenger door on 4-27-2023. My car has been at a Tesla-certified body shop since the beginning of June waiting for an aluminum door skin for over 3 months already. I am having to rent a car out of pocket since I already exhausted my rental car coverage. I have tried contacting Tesla via email, since there is no number to call, and they never respond. I am frustrated beyond words. How can it take so long to receive a stamped part that the factory produces every single day?

I ran over a piece of debris on the road and it skipped up and damaged my driver’s side door and passenger door on 4-27-2023. My car has been at a Tesla-certified body shop since the beginning of June waiting for an aluminum door skin for over 3 months already. I am having to rent a car out of pocket since I already exhausted my rental car coverage. I have tried contacting Tesla via email, since there is no number to call, and they never respond. I am frustrated beyond words. How can it take so long to receive a stamped part that the factory produces every single day?
Try contacting at [email protected]. Put your VIN number. In my case, they did reply to me within few weeks and told me about the status of the parts.