Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Part-Exchange Offer Expiring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KennethS

May 3, 2019
Herts, UK
Reservation made April 2017 and order placed on 1 May. M3P+, MSM, Black interior, with FSD. Accepted a part-exchange offer on my current car. Originally the part-ex was valid for 30 days, but was told by Tesla sales on the phone that it would automatically be extended to 90 days (I called at end May inquiring about delayed delivery estimate (at the time was being told late June) and how it would work vis-a-vis my part-ex). Latest delivery estimate is late July/early August, so I sent a follow-up email to ask about my part-ex. Received an email reply that, “The trade-in offer is valid for fourteen days, or 500 miles.” Putting aside that is just wrong and I have the original offer (30 days no more than 2,000 miles per month), and I was told on the phone at end of May that it was automatically extended to 90 days due to delivery delays, I am just curious if anyone else who accepted a part-ex offer is finding themselves in the same situation. I really didn’t want to go through the hassle of a private sale on a low value car.