Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Part Numbers for OEM Wireless Phone Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been keeping an eye on the Tesla EPC parts catalog for a few months now, waiting for it to get updated with the part numbers for the wireless phone charger, so I can try to get them ordered for my older Model S. It looks like the parts diagram may now show it.

Line 35 is titled WIRELESS CHARGER ADAPTER with part number 1060585-00-B. I believe from the parts diagram that the actual wireless charger is Line 41, but it's conveniently the one line that is missing for me.

Attachments

• TeslaPartsDiagram.png
    TeslaPartsDiagram.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 544
Last week I set up an appointment with my local SC to have this part number installed and after a day they came back and said the part was unavailable for order even for them. They said I should just watch the online shop and that when it was available it would show up there.
Interesting. I set up a service appointment and gave them the key numbers. They first said that it wouldn’t fit my car, then relented and have told me that they’ve ordered the part and will let me know when it comes in. We’ll see....

They didn’t give me a price. It can’t be crazy expensive but we’ll see. Not sure if it’s simply a part that attaches to the underside of the existing lid or it’s a complete new lid which would probably require removal of the center console. Maybe someone with one of the newer cars can take a close look to see how the wireless charging pad attaches to the underside of the lid?

Last edited:
Reactions: emulajavi
If it fits like my 3d printed version, it should be easy to install. Slides right into the rails/notches in the lid. Locks in and open/closing not affected. I am curious about the OEM one as well. The OEM version has spring loaded guides, looks decent as well. If more than $60-70, it is overpriced.

Reactions: OVB1 and gbailey
It's a Tesla accessory, so I assume overpriced is to be expected ;)

In any case, my SC called today with the surprising news (even to them) that my charger had arrived from Fremont and was ready for pickup. They quoted $125 which is obviously ridiculous, but I'll go through with it anyway as somebody has to be the guinea pig for this retrofit. I'll update this post when installed. My only concern is running the wire to the USB port. I assume I'll have to pop out the floor of the current bin somehow?

It's a Tesla accessory, so I assume overpriced is to be expected ;)

In any case, my SC called today with the surprising news (even to them) that my charger had arrived from Fremont and was ready for pickup. They quoted $125 which is obviously ridiculous, but I'll go through with it anyway as somebody has to be the guinea pig for this retrofit. I'll update this post when installed. My only concern is running the wire to the USB port. I assume I'll have to pop out the floor of the current bin somehow?
The rubber mat just lifts out and you’ll find a channel in which the wires run underneath. Should be fairly easy. Take lots of pics!

Wireless charger installed. Pictures attached. It feels pretty substantial and attaches to the rotating lid via a couple of clips on the bottom (very hard to see in the pictures). The only difficult part of the installation was running the wire under the base of the console and up through a small rectangular hole under the rubber mat to plug into the USB port. Perhaps this would be easier if someone knows how to remove that part of the console or runs the cable prior to snapping the charger on to the lid. I used a set of needle nose pliers to reach the cord through the hole and pull it through.

I can confirm that the phone charges while the car is on; it doesn't when it is off. The phone in a case slides in snugly without difficulty. The only parts of it that I don't like (other than the $$) are the fact that the lid doesn't open all the way when installed due to the cord hitting the hinge point underneath and you lose some space inside the small cubby due to the thickness of the charger cradle. Having the phone stand straight up isn't terrible, but it makes it virtually impossible to interact with the phone while charging. Maybe that's intended...

I'll try to answer any questions you have.

Front.jpeg Back.jpeg Cubby before installation.jpeg Cubby with rubber mat removed.jpeg Small clips that engage charger - outside of hinges.jpeg Cord pulled through and connected.jpeg Lid not fully open.jpeg Phone in cradle.jpeg

Wireless charger installed. Pictures attached. It feels pretty substantial and attaches to the rotating lid via a couple of clips on the bottom (very hard to see in the pictures). The only difficult part of the installation was running the wire under the base of the console and up through a small rectangular hole under the rubber mat to plug into the USB port. Perhaps this would be easier if someone knows how to remove that part of the console or runs the cable prior to snapping the charger on to the lid. I used a set of needle nose pliers to reach the cord through the hole and pull it through.

I can confirm that the phone charges while the car is on; it doesn't when it is off. The phone in a case slides in snugly without difficulty. The only parts of it that I don't like (other than the $$) are the fact that the lid doesn't open all the way when installed due to the cord hitting the hinge point underneath and you lose some space inside the small cubby due to the thickness of the charger cradle. Having the phone stand straight up isn't terrible, but it makes it virtually impossible to interact with the phone while charging. Maybe that's intended...

I'll try to answer any questions you have.

View attachment 559306 View attachment 559307 View attachment 559322 View attachment 559324 View attachment 559325 View attachment 559326 View attachment 559327 View attachment 559328
Great, thanks for taking the time to post. Just have to wait for mine to come in now.

You may be on to something as the adapter seems to have a small cutout in it for a wire. If you look at the fourth picture in my previous post, you'll see a small area in the middle with a couple of screws in it. Perhaps that part comes out and the adapter piece goes in there.

Who knows how long it will take to get this part from Tesla!

Reactions: emulajavi