Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Part Numbers for OEM Wireless Phone Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Ok, so I removed the piece with the two screws shown in the picture. It is indeed the same size and shape as the adapter shown in the drawing with the part number listed earlier in the thread. Upon removal you can route the cable away from the hinge rod and the door now fully opens as it did prior to installation. You could make it work by just removing this piece and covering it up with the rubber mat, but the adapter provides for cable management and less chance of it moving and binding up in the future.

Thanks to emulajavi for suggesting a relook. I should have understood that if a part is called an adapter it would be important!

Last edited:
I got my charger today without the adapter, I removed my previous phone cable adapter, there is no way to reuse the cable adapter without cutting out the a section of it as the hole for the cable is too small to pass the USB connector of the wireless adapter. The charger fit perfectly without it. So I jut gonna use it that way.

• Informative
Reactions: MIT_S60
Great! Let me know what you think of the performance of the charger. I have found it to be pretty slow and am considering plugging it into the 12V to see if that helps.
I’m still waiting for my charger to come in. I’ve been told by my service center that the part number for the adapter is no longer valid. Has anyone got a part number for the adapter that works?

I connected the charger to the 12V socket but my iphone don't seems to have a way to show speed of charger, I didn't have time to wait and measure if there was a time difference in charge time, maybe somebody with a Android phone that could potentially expose this info can check?

As for the adapter price, my local service center wasn't able to order one, so same situation as MIT_S60.

Great! Glad to know that more people will be getting it shortly.

Although my usage has been limited, it feels like the charger is slow, so I did a little testing using a USB voltage and current meter. The results are from an iPhone XS in an Apple case at approximately 50% charge.

Both USB ports were around 2A for most of the tests, although the current dipped quite low using the Qi charger fairly often. The 12V socket with an appropriate USB adapter appeared to give a generally more consistent 2A as did a wired connection. So I would say that the charger is indeed pulling 7.5-10W most, but not all of the time. How much of that power is getting to the phone I can’t say with iOS. Also not sure what drives the variability in current draw from the Qi of if this is normal, so anxious to learn what others are experiencing. It may be significant enough to make the charger seem slow.

Just got my wireless charger from Teslas website! Came in some surprisingly nice packaging. Followed the directions on their website; installation wound up being even easier than the dock connector. Was it worth $125? I am pretty particular about how things look and function... This solution manages to look part of the car and hold onto the phone quite well. I can close my eyes and easily seat my phone in the holder with no fuss. So, I would probably say it was.

Attachments

• C817107D-966B-498A-98FC-9366B4C59C48_1_105_c.jpeg
    C817107D-966B-498A-98FC-9366B4C59C48_1_105_c.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 86