Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Part of the Tesla family soon!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone!
Been watching this forum for a few weeks already but decided it's time to join the community. :)

Now where should I start with my introduction.. I guess the reason why I ordered a Tesla, as you can tell from the title. It's quite a long story though. :p
I've been into electric vehicles for a long time already, even before the first ones like the Nissan Leaf and Tesla Roadster came to the market. Was always watching people their projects of converting cars or other vehicles from gas to electric. After a lot of reading and researching I started my own project just to see if it was possible for me to do it and also if it would be possible to get it road legal in my country (The Netherlands). Since I wanted to start small I decided to go with a quad bike but not an ordinary 4x4 all terain, instead I bought one that was meant for street/road use only and started stripping it from the ICE components right away. This project took me around 3,5 years with many ups and downs but in the end I managed to complete the build and get it road legal after having it tested at the RDW. A few quick pictures to show what it looks like. :) I also have a blog where I documented the whole project, just not sure if I'm allowed to post the link to it. You can find it in my profile if you're interested.

LoaRS2k.jpg

L8Zp4t0.jpg

LkvqU5y.jpg

I had so much fun building it, and riding it as well ofcourse, that I was really sure my next car had to be electric as well. I just wasn't sure if I'd convert a gas powered car or if I would just buy an electric car. There just wasn't much choice at that point with the Model S and Model X being way too expensive and the other options being not so great (Nissan Leaf / Renault Zoe). But I already heard that a new and affordable Tesla would be announced at some point so I wanted to wait for that to be able to make a decision. When it finally got announced I just knew right away that the Tesla Model 3 would be my next car and made the deposit to be on the reservation list. I had already started saving some money but knew I needed a lot more so the last few years I've really been saving hard to get that 35k euro together and thankfully succeeded with that as well. Ofcourse, that 35k euro Model 3 is pretty much a myth now but with the Standard Range Plus being at around 50k euro I think it's still a very good buy. If you look at the gas powered competition from BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen and Audi I just see no reason to buy anything else but a Tesla. :) I won't even mention other EV's since they're not even close to Tesla in my opinion. Only downside is that I have to take a small loan now but I think it'll be very worth it.

MJYTfxC.png

So that's how I decided to buy a Tesla. I actually ordered/configured the Model 3 Standard Range Plus almost 3 weeks ago. It's going to be blue with black interior and aero wheels. Also added the tow hitch since it'll be very useful to tow my quad bike on a trailer sometimes, the range isn't that great yet so it's the only way I can really go and ride it at different locations untill I upgrade the battery pack.
Tesla already called me and confirmed that it will probably get delivered in June. I've never been more excited for anything, it's been such a long wait and now it's finally happening in a few weeks time. I'm really happy to join the Tesla family soon and the TMC community right here. :)

Reactions: ebullio and VT_EE