TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Part recall for Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by BigTonyTones, Feb 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. kirk8500

kirk8500 Member

My VIN (I had the recall) is 13XX, so I'm guessing in some earlier range.

@lunitiks, they told me the internal price of the repair over the phone, it wasn't on the invoice - just listed as warranty repair.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. T-Will

T-Will Member

I was planning to rent an M3 on Turo this week, but the owner had to cancel the rental to take it in for something (hasn’t volunteered the issue yet even though I’ve asked). So I wonder if there is some type of known issue being repaired on earlier VINs?

3. NOCO24U

NOCO24U Member

do you know the VIN? Model 3's built before Dec 25 are getting suspension replacements for being too stiff.

• Informative x 2
  4. T-Will

T-Will Member

#24 T-Will, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    It has alcantara, so I assume the VIN is at least prior to early January.

Any idea of Tesla’s turnaround time for this fix?

• Like x 1
  5. pdxgibby

pdxgibby Software Engineer

I predict that all Alcantara headliners are being swapped for textile. Hahaha!

• Funny x 14
  6. BigTonyTones

BigTonyTones Member

Had not heard of that one. The model 3 was picked up on December 26th and was recently taken into service center. Are you positive of that ?

7. Andrew

Andrew Model S #6151, Model 3 #1576

We had ours in for service last week and they also changed the "power inverter" proactively. Seems to be fine before and after that.

Tell us more, please! Where'd you here this? Ours is VIN 1576, delivered Jan 3.. so I'm guessing it was built before then. It is indeed a very stiff ride. The 405 is brutal...

8. kirk8500

kirk8500 Member

Suspension replacements? Can someone please elaborate on this? Agree, from vin 13XX me want new suspension!!!!

• Like x 2
  9. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Now that all the reviews are done, they're replacing the over spec inverters with reliable ones. The new reliable ones do 0-60 in 5.1 seconds, while the early over spec ones delivered 0-60 in 4.6 seconds. At least some owners still get Alcantera ./sarcasm.....

• Funny x 3
  10. kirk8500

kirk8500 Member

My early read is that my power efficiency has increased after the PCS upgrade.... feels like I am averaging more like 200-225 wh/mile versus 270 wh/mile before. However, I am not certain of this yet.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  11. Andrew

Andrew Model S #6151, Model 3 #1576

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  12. kirk8500

kirk8500 Member

13. kirk8500

kirk8500 Member

I asked Tesla about the 'suspension service' for early VINs and they said that no such program exists, and that newer Model 3's have exactly the same suspension as the early VINs.

If anyone owns a car where the suspension was actually replaced I would love further details!

• Disagree x 1
  14. RDaneel

RDaneel Member

Sorry to see this issues. I just had a chance to see a Model 3 today in private (vin 35XX), and felt the headlights were protruding oddly. The fender/light/bumper also seems to be trying to occupy the same space at the same time. Is this how your lights looked? Curious if Tesla acknowledged this as a problem. Here's what I saw today:

[​IMG]

15. michaelwb

michaelwb Member

A few days ago, my friend took his Model 3 (late December delivery) to get the front plate bracket installed. There, the service center told him about a "charging issue" that needed to be resolved, and he drove home in a pre-facelift Model S loaner instead. Looks to be the same issue...

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. suwaneedad

suwaneedad Member

"Take all the time you need with my Model 3!"

• Funny x 1
  17. chibi_kurochan

Your image did not upload correctly.

But i think we're seeing the same thing. We shall see, today SC said they might have to keep the car for the rest of the week. EIther something major is going on or they're completely overloaded.

Either way, i'm happily waiting while using the barebone MS75 loaner that they provided. :)

Just like what i told them every time i took my car in, take time and do things right the first time instead of making me come back again later. Same thing can be said with the production, if they had better QC, all these people wouldn't have to take their car back for adjustments etc.

18. c1916

c1916 Member

I believe you're referring to me, and while that may be accurate for my vehicle, it seems like it were they A) Would explain it to me as such, and B) Would turn it around with the same speed the OP referenced.

I don't think that's my problem, but it could be the reason for reduced deliveries as others have surmised.

19. ZeApelido

ZeApelido Member

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  20. onautopilot

onautopilot Member

Curious if they were able to resolve the “sunken” hood issue to your satisfaction? My car has been perfect really except for this issue. I haven’t documented it with Tesla yet. I have vin 17xx. Thanks.