TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Part recall for Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by BigTonyTones, Feb 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

#41 Moderatefan, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Wondering if this is related:
    First Model 3 motor failure reported
    Although it seems delays started prior to Feb 2.

I really feel like Flux Capacitor could solve the problem with excess energy from the overeager acceleration testing.

2. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

Only 10-15 waiting? That would be a dead day at Portland service. They opened a new larger location a year ago and last time I was there a bunch of newly delivered cars were parked in a vacant lot near the SC/store. There was no parking left on the property.

3. chibi_kurochan

Car has been at the SC since Monday. No real update yet as of today. They said they’re still performing diagnostics on the car remotely. It’s been sitting outside their parking lot too.

At least 10-15 that I can see outside the SC. This is a pretty big SC that can fit maybe 20 cars or more inside. :) my car has been sitting at the same parking lot outside too for 3 days now.

• Informative x 1
  4. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

I have a weeks-old 2017 S75 while my 3 is being worked on. I genuinely feel the 3 is the better car.

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  5. ToTheT

ToTheT Member

For what it’s worth: I sent an email to our SA about the suspension and she confirmed that there is a service bulletin and a “fix” for the overly stiff suspension on some cars. Not all VINs qualify, so something must have changed.

We had the sunken hood fixed during our last visit (and it looks almost perfect now) but some issues remain that need fixing. Those will now be apparently addressed together with the suspension. Dropping the car off tomorrow.

6. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Fritterer and waster of hours in an off hand wayer

Why? Because it’s more fun to drive, easier to park, has a quicker touchscreen, better sounding stereo, more comfortable seats, faster acceleration, more range, door pockets, and is $20,000 cheaper? Well ya know what? It doesn’t have a HEPPA filter or a key fob, so you lose. Do I sound bitter?:)

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  7. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

Nah, that's not right…

…it's an uncorked S75 so it's quicker than my 3 :D

8. chibi_kurochan

Although I do wish ☰ has HEPA filter.. and they really need to improve the backup camera (software and/or hardware)

I also go barebone MS75. I still like our ☰ better :)

9. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Any info about this? I want a better suspension.

10. Cricket88

Cricket88 Member

What service center did you go to and what was their solution in addressing your hood? Replacement hood? Body shop? Thanks in advance!

11. ToTheT

ToTheT Member

Van Nuys. They sent the car to the body shop to have the hood adjusted. I would say it is now 98% aligned throughout (you’ll have to really look for it to see any variation; before the adjustment it stood out immediately). They also adjusted the trunk during the same visit to close more easily (still needs force but far less than before).

• Like x 1
  12. BigTonyTones

BigTonyTones Member

Called Tesla today about suspension. They stated they have not heard of such a thing. He looked at my vin (car picked up december 26th) and stated the only service bulletin for it was for the power inverter.

Then I mentioned I read it in the forums. He said "sometimes those forum guys know more than we do". I had a good chuckle.

I have to say I have been quite disappointed with the way Tesla is handling the model 3. No one seems to know anything about the car!

Thoughts?

13. Andrew

Andrew Model S #6151, Model 3 #1576

@BigTonyTones , which service center did you call?

The Centinela SC has been great for dealing with a couple of Model 3 issues for us. Absolutely wonderful service, actually.

14. BigTonyTones

BigTonyTones Member

Iv been dealing with Burbank and Van nuys for all the problems and questions I have been having.
    Still dont have a working phone key. Took it in for service and was told to just wait for a firmware fix.

Pretty frustrating. Getting many reboots and the key thing is super annoying. They really need to issue key fobs.

• Informative x 1
  15. K-MTG

When I went to my 3 this morning...the fans were at full blast. Is that normal?

16. kbecks13

kbecks13 Member

Was it very hot/cold in the car (i.e far away from the temp setpoint) and did you have the HVAC on Auto? If so, totally normal.

17. K-MTG

AC was off...it was about 65 in the garage. The fans kicked in when I shifted to reverse to take the car out.

18. kbecks13

kbecks13 Member

:confused: Ok i retract my previous statement haha, that does not seem normal at all! Luckily it's probably 99% just a software bug and not something wrong with your car that would require a service visit. What firmware version are you on?

19. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

Model 3's Ride Quality

20. suwaneedad

suwaneedad Member

This past Monday, it didn't strike me as odd that there hadn't been another wave of config invites yet. But we're at that status as of Friday afternoon 2/9 as well. That makes this 17 day stretch the longest yet, in terms of gaps in batch config invites going out. Gotta wonder what's up. Hopefully someone near the factory can swing by and see whether there's again a build-up of inventory in the parking lot as we saw in December before the delivery dam broke loose for January. The absence of config invites is getting really weird. @Troy, any insight?