Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Part recall for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since Tesla had their quarterly conference call yesterday and we know about the issues with the automatic battery line not working as intended and being replaced by end of March, I'm guessing Fremont may have run short of battery packs, and while the Gigafactory is doing things semi-automatically now (with workers moving materials from station to station), that would explain why the parking lot hasn't been filling up with Model 3s. It sounds logical to me but who knows. I haven't had a chance to listen to the entire call yet and don't know if they addressed the Model 3 output. But the battery issue would also explain why all of the Model 3 delivery estimates have been moved again.

Last edited:
Van Nuys. They sent the car to the body shop to have the hood adjusted. I would say it is now 98% aligned throughout (you’ll have to really look for it to see any variation; before the adjustment it stood out immediately). They also adjusted the trunk during the same visit to close more easily (still needs force but far less than before).

This is the response I get from Santa Clara SC:

“We have a note to adjust the rear left upper panel. Regarding the other two fitments I compared your vehicle to another 3 and they have same fitment. Our technician just finshed the wheel alignment and needs to test drive vehicle. If all goes well it will be ready for pick up after 4:45pm. Thank you.”

My Two fitments issues are sunk-in hood and protruding headlights case outside of bumper and quarter panels

This is the response I get from Santa Clara SC:

“We have a note to adjust the rear left upper panel. Regarding the other two fitments I compared your vehicle to another 3 and they have same fitment. Our technician just finshed the wheel alignment and needs to test drive vehicle. If all goes well it will be ready for pick up after 4:45pm. Thank you.”

My Two fitments issues are sunk-in hood and protruding headlights case outside of bumper and quarter panels
So the sunken hood is definitely fixable - pressure them on this issue. When I dropped off the car to have the suspension fixed I also complained about the headlights and was told that the alignment is similar for all cars and that they can’t do anything about it. Now if anyone has gotten that overhang fixed successfully, I would like to know so I can go back and pressure them to fix it.

The car was also pulling to the right last time. They said they checked alignment and that all was well, but when the car came back it was still pullingto the right. Now, magically and without new FW, the car no longer pulls to the right and stays centered. :cool:

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
So the sunken hood is definitely fixable - pressure them on this issue. When I dropped off the car to have the suspension fixed I also complained about the headlights and was told that the alignment is similar for all cars and that they can’t do anything about it. Now if anyone has gotten that overhang fixed successfully, I would like to know so I can go back and pressure them to fix it.

The car was also pulling to the right last time. They said they checked alignment and that all was well, but when the car came back it was still pullingto the right. Now, magically and without new FW, the car no longer pulls to the right and stays centered. :cool:

Hey my car was also pulling to the right a little. I thought initially that it was an alignment issue. On a hunch I checked the tire pressure. I they were a little mismatched. It was 2-3 PSI if I recall. I filled them all up to exactly the same pressure. No more pulling to the right. So I believe I have discovered a slight idiosyncrasy with the model 3. It is very very sensitive to differential tire pressure. I have the 19" rims for reference.

Hey my car was also pulling to the right a little. I thought initially that it was an alignment issue. On a hunch I checked the tire pressure. I they were a little mismatched. It was 2-3 PSI if I recall. I filled them all up to exactly the same pressure. No more pulling to the right. So I believe I have discovered a slight idiosyncrasy with the model 3. It is very very sensitive to differential tire pressure. I have the 19" rims for reference.

That was the first thing I noticed on the 3 as well, but adjusting pressure did not fix the issue initially. Right now the car has 2 PSI less on the front passenger and 1 PSI less on the rear passenger side (when compared to the driver side) but it no longer pulls to the right. We have the standard rims.

I too am confident you will hear from Service soon.

(Pssst, they are not a dealership. And they don't like being called that.) Nearly every state requires that they have a dealership license, but that's the only way the states know how to fit the square peg in the round hole.