TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Part recall for Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by BigTonyTones, Feb 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#61 SMAlset, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Since Tesla had their quarterly conference call yesterday and we know about the issues with the automatic battery line not working as intended and being replaced by end of March, I'm guessing Fremont may have run short of battery packs, and while the Gigafactory is doing things semi-automatically now (with workers moving materials from station to station), that would explain why the parking lot hasn't been filling up with Model 3s. It sounds logical to me but who knows. I haven't had a chance to listen to the entire call yet and don't know if they addressed the Model 3 output. But the battery issue would also explain why all of the Model 3 delivery estimates have been moved again.

2. chibi_kurochan

This is the response I get from Santa Clara SC:

“We have a note to adjust the rear left upper panel. Regarding the other two fitments I compared your vehicle to another 3 and they have same fitment. Our technician just finshed the wheel alignment and needs to test drive vehicle. If all goes well it will be ready for pick up after 4:45pm. Thank you.”

My Two fitments issues are sunk-in hood and protruding headlights case outside of bumper and quarter panels

3. ToTheT

ToTheT Member

So the sunken hood is definitely fixable - pressure them on this issue. When I dropped off the car to have the suspension fixed I also complained about the headlights and was told that the alignment is similar for all cars and that they can’t do anything about it. Now if anyone has gotten that overhang fixed successfully, I would like to know so I can go back and pressure them to fix it.

The car was also pulling to the right last time. They said they checked alignment and that all was well, but when the car came back it was still pullingto the right. Now, magically and without new FW, the car no longer pulls to the right and stays centered. :cool:

• Like x 1
  4. onautopilot

onautopilot Member

Hey my car was also pulling to the right a little. I thought initially that it was an alignment issue. On a hunch I checked the tire pressure. I they were a little mismatched. It was 2-3 PSI if I recall. I filled them all up to exactly the same pressure. No more pulling to the right. So I believe I have discovered a slight idiosyncrasy with the model 3. It is very very sensitive to differential tire pressure. I have the 19" rims for reference.

• Informative x 3
  5. ToTheT

ToTheT Member

That was the first thing I noticed on the 3 as well, but adjusting pressure did not fix the issue initially. Right now the car has 2 PSI less on the front passenger and 1 PSI less on the rear passenger side (when compared to the driver side) but it no longer pulls to the right. We have the standard rims.

6. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

Do we have a VIN range known on power inverter bulletin? Sound like < 2000ish, though would the highest vin identified please post first 2 digits? :)

7. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

Bump. We seemingly have shy people? ;)

8. jjj784

jjj784 New Member

I was told to get mine fixed. VIN 3052

• Like x 1
  9. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

Thanks. That’s getting closer, though we’re 53xx

10. Kenrubin

Kenrubin New Member

Having my PCS replaced right now after only 20 miles! Takes 10 days to get the part to Maryland.

11. pat242

pat242 New Member

My 12v battery died last night. Waiting to hear back from dealer, but I suspect the PCS. Power to car went out during SW update.
    vin is 25xxx. Is there an actual link to the bulletin for this?

12. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

I too am confident you will hear from Service soon.

(Pssst, they are not a dealership. And they don't like being called that.) Nearly every state requires that they have a dealership license, but that's the only way the states know how to fit the square peg in the round hole.