Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Part recall for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was planning to rent an M3 on Turo this week, but the owner had to cancel the rental to take it in for something (hasn’t volunteered the issue yet even though I’ve asked). So I wonder if there is some type of known issue being repaired on earlier VINs?

I was planning to rent an M3 on Turo this week, but the owner had to cancel the rental to take it in for something (hasn’t volunteered the issue yet even though I’ve asked). So I wonder if there is some type of known issue being repaired on earlier VINs?
do you know the VIN? Model 3's built before Dec 25 are getting suspension replacements for being too stiff.

We had ours in for service last week and they also changed the "power inverter" proactively. Seems to be fine before and after that.

do you know the VIN? Model 3's built before Dec 25 are getting suspension replacements for being too stiff.

Tell us more, please! Where'd you here this? Ours is VIN 1576, delivered Jan 3.. so I'm guessing it was built before then. It is indeed a very stiff ride. The 405 is brutal...

I asked Tesla about the 'suspension service' for early VINs and they said that no such program exists, and that newer Model 3's have exactly the same suspension as the early VINs.

If anyone owns a car where the suspension was actually replaced I would love further details!

• Disagree
Reactions: DFibRL8R
1. Had "Parking Brake Error" notice several times.
2. Charge port issue (fixed by latest firmware update)
3. Driver side B pillar interior trim not assembled correctly (where curtain airbags located)? Loose, compared to the passenger side
4. Both headlights housing protruding out of the bumper and quarter panels.
5. Sunk-in hood from the quarter panel. Sunk-in hood

All minor issues, otherwise I'm loving this our "Ares" (Red ☰ )

Sorry to see this issues. I just had a chance to see a Model 3 today in private (vin 35XX), and felt the headlights were protruding oddly. The fender/light/bumper also seems to be trying to occupy the same space at the same time. Is this how your lights looked? Curious if Tesla acknowledged this as a problem. Here's what I saw today:

IMG_20180206_084313.jpg

Sorry to see this issues. I just had a chance to see a Model 3 today in private (vin 35XX), and felt the headlights were protruding oddly. The fender/light/bumper also seems to be trying to occupy the same space at the same time. Is this how your lights looked? Curious if Tesla acknowledged this as a problem. Here's what I saw today:

IMG_20180206_084313.jpg
Your image did not upload correctly.

But i think we're seeing the same thing. We shall see, today SC said they might have to keep the car for the rest of the week. EIther something major is going on or they're completely overloaded.

Either way, i'm happily waiting while using the barebone MS75 loaner that they provided. :)

Just like what i told them every time i took my car in, take time and do things right the first time instead of making me come back again later. Same thing can be said with the production, if they had better QC, all these people wouldn't have to take their car back for adjustments etc.

Maybe the reason we haven't seen any additional invites going out in February yet. I saw someone's new car delivery that was on hold, car was there but he couldn't pick up and they couldn't give me an estimate when. Might be related to this and waiting for part.

I believe you're referring to me, and while that may be accurate for my vehicle, it seems like it were they A) Would explain it to me as such, and B) Would turn it around with the same speed the OP referenced.

I don't think that's my problem, but it could be the reason for reduced deliveries as others have surmised.

Curious if they were able to resolve the “sunken” hood issue to your satisfaction? My car has been perfect really except for this issue. I haven’t documented it with Tesla yet. I have vin 17xx. Thanks.

1. Had "Parking Brake Error" notice several times.
2. Charge port issue (fixed by latest firmware update)
3. Driver side B pillar interior trim not assembled correctly (where curtain airbags located)? Loose, compared to the passenger side
4. Both headlights housing protruding out of the bumper and quarter panels.
5. Sunk-in hood from the quarter panel. Sunk-in hood

All minor issues, otherwise I'm loving this our "Ares" (Red ☰ )