Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Part TWo of the Weird Elon subject...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, So...
What about bumping people up in line that are bad drivers? Yeah, I know. WHY DIDN'T YOU THINK OF IT! Some might see this as rewarding bad drivers. But overall it makes the roads safer for ALL of the world. And makes a whole lot more sense than fulfilling orders based on geographic location or how quick they dropped a paltry hundred bucks.
And easy enough for people to validate their lack of driving acumen...
And here again, I do not qualify. I've driven cars for almost fifty years and had one reported "accident." Someone backed into my car in a public parking lot about 22 years ago. And my last speeding ticket was about 6 yrs ago, and that was just a lazy bad cop. He even told me when he wrote the ticket, "It is going to be your word against mine."
So consider the safety of us all...get the vehicles to the worst drivers first. Maybe the life you save will be some old guy's in a 2008 Dodge hemi.

Seriously? Or perhaps get the bad drivers off the road altogether until they can show they are more capable drivers (shock, horror!) ?
Well now, aren't you just the most normal human being in the world (and I do not think much about normal humans).
There is an effort to remove the worst drivers from driving. There are several efforts...from vision testing, to points systems, to whatever "normal human" can imagine. But then there is the "spirit" of a normal human being. The one that has them feel they can drive, and they haven't been removed from legally driving (or illegally driving).
And it is those drivers that should be put in vehicles that could save more(our) lives... Like this living turd
Bond could be revoked for Auburn teen charged in deadly Bramblett crash for traffic citations
(In a couple of days it is going to be amateur night at every bar in the USA... Let's hope every normal human being refrains from becoming inebriated and driving home drunk way past their bedtime...and they don't kill anyone you know. get my point?)

Nothing says self-driving will be available at rollout. I also disagree with your idea. Bad drivers shouldn't drive.

I like your older folks get bumped forward, but reward bad drivers? No. Teach them, yes.
mm? I am sorry if I was not clear...unsafe drivers can be less unsafe if they have safety features of a Tesla... not just the self-driving final solution.
My wife recently started driving. She needed a cheap dependable car. She also needed someone to drive it for it to be safe. She passed her driving test no problems. but I know she is not a good driver. I bought her a 2019 corolla. As bad as that sounds it had all the safety bells and whistles. She has over 30,000 miles on it in 10 months, and no accidents.... and believe I know, I KNOW that car has saved her (and someone else's) ass more than once.
Putting "bad" drivers in a good car does make the road safer for us all.