Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Partial Contacts Sync over Bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have connected my iPhone (IOS 16.2) to my Tesla Y (2022.44.25.1), Sync Contacts is enabled on iPhone as well as the Bluetooth configuration on the Tesla.

For some reason I only see about 200 of my contacts in my Tesla contacts, there are no favourites either. Calendar is fine.

I've read a few posts about some characters not being supported so I have checked every single one of my 1200 contacts to ensure the First/Last name only includes A-Z characters. I've rebooted car, re-tried a new bluetooth connection (more times than I can count) to no avail.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Daniel

Reactions: Prairie
Same issue here. We have two Teslas, phone works fine in my car but not my wife’s. Below is a summary of my problem.

I have a MS and my wife has a MY. Mine is under my Tesla accounts, hers under her own. Each has the other as an additional driver. Her iPhone 11 functions totally fine in my car (contacts, recents, favourites, messages - all work). My iPhone 12 Pro works fine as a key for her car, but when connected as the phone device, not so much. Contacts shows a mix mash of randoms, recents show weird random calls from ages ago, favourites is blank, and messages do not work.

My phone works perfectly in my MS but not so much on her MY. I wasn’t sure if it’s because I’m the “second” driver on her car or what, but a very annoying problem when I’m driving her car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve deleted phone keys, repaired as phone device. Nothing.

Same issue here. We have two Teslas, phone works fine in my car but not my wife’s. Below is a summary of my problem.

I have a MS and my wife has a MY. Mine is under my Tesla accounts, hers under her own. Each has the other as an additional driver. Her iPhone 11 functions totally fine in my car (contacts, recents, favourites, messages - all work). My iPhone 12 Pro works fine as a key for her car, but when connected as the phone device, not so much. Contacts shows a mix mash of randoms, recents show weird random calls from ages ago, favourites is blank, and messages do not work.

My phone works perfectly in my MS but not so much on her MY. I wasn’t sure if it’s because I’m the “second” driver on her car or what, but a very annoying problem when I’m driving her car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve deleted phone keys, repaired as phone device. Nothing.
I am the only phone key on my M3, it would be great if others shared their experiences as this issue is annoying

I have the same issue. Took delivery of M3 in December 2022. My iPhone 11 will only sync a partial contacts list. Can't find any distinguishing characteristics for the ones not displayed. No favourites either. My wife's iPhone contacts seem to display in full. I've deleted my iPhone and set it up again from scratch without any effect.

Reactions: EV_SteveA
My iPhone 12 Pro won't sync contacts/favourites/messages with my new 2023 MYP, but does so flawlessly with my wife's 2019 M3SR+. It also worked fine with my previous 2017 MS75D.

The same is true for her iPhone 11.

I'm guessing this is an issue solely for AMD Ryzen equipped MCUs?

Very frustrating and (so far) no help forthcoming form Tesla, despite multiple enquiries from me and a few service visits - not sure how to escalate this, as many of you seem to be in the same boat as me.

Reactions: MoneyWiz
I have the same issue with my Model Y, purchased in December, and my iPhone. Not all of my Contacts and none of my Favourites sync across from my phone to my car. Grateful for an update if anyone finds a resolution. Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue with my 2023 MY (delivered December 2022, Freemont build) - not all iphone contacts sync and no favorites for either my phone or my wife's phone. Both phones sync perfectly in my 2020 MY.

Brought to Tysons, VA service center and my phone synced perfectly with another 2023 MY, just wont with my car. Computer was replaced but this did not fix the issue. Does anyone know if the bluetooth/sync function is part of the car's computer or if there is a separate piece of hardware or software that could be involved?

Has anyone been able to get this resovled?

Thanks.

I have the same issue with my 2023 MY (delivered December 2022, Freemont build) - not all iphone contacts sync and no favorites for either my phone or my wife's phone. Both phones sync perfectly in my 2020 MY.

Brought to Tysons, VA service center and my phone synced perfectly with another 2023 MY, just wont with my car. Computer was replaced but this did not fix the issue. Does anyone know if the bluetooth/sync function is part of the car's computer or if there is a separate piece of hardware or software that could be involved?

Has anyone been able to get this resovled?

Thanks.
No news. Still suffering from it here 😢

I have the same issue on my Model 3 and my iPhone 14. Took it in to be serviced. They replaced the entire computer. Still same issue. Approximately 80 of 850 contact synced. They suggested it was a problem with my phone, by I suggested that we try it on another call, so we tested on a loaner. Worked perfectly;. All contact uploaded without issue. Now I am told it is a perhaps a problem with the 2023's (the loaner was a 2022) and they would escalate the issue. I have written to Tesla Warranty claiming it is a defect. Under California Lemon Law, if cannot be fixed after 4 tries, it may qualify as a lemon even though it only has to do with infotainment system. We shall see.

Those of you with issues: Are you contacts synced to your iPhone through a cloud provider (Outlook, Google, Yahoo, Microsoft Exchange... etc)? It seems that iCloud does not have an issue, but there are issues with accounts in other providers, especially if contacts are synced from more than one provider. I had two providers syncing contacts to my phone, my new tesla shows only a few random contacts from each account. Disabling the contacts in one account then synced exactly A-J contacts from one account, and N-Z in the other when the first account's contacts setting was disabled. Disabling both and copying all the contacts to iCloud and enabling iCloud contact sync on the iPhone has all the contacts. Seems they are not playing together nicely (I'm talking to you Tesla, Microsoft and Apple). I also tried one of my accounts on another phone and had the same N-Z contacts only load.

Reactions: Trilodroid
Having the same issue - very partial phone contacts sync, no favourites, no messages, random calls from forever displayed. When i receive a call doesn't display in recent calls. Full sync enabled on phone, bluetooth enabled. Rebooted, repaired several times all to no avail.
Ridiculous thing, Calendar sync fine. Why will Contacts not sync? Received the Tesla in December 2022.

Still having the same issue here and have tried to escalate this with Tesla on afew occasions now.

My observations:

I can only see 30 contacts - they are always the same ones and don't appear to follow any sort of logical pattern that I can recognise.
Random list of previous calls (that occasionally changes),
Generally no messages, although they have occasionally popped up for some reson.
Calendars appear to be fine.

I have three contact lists on my iPhone - The first is my personal contacts and is via my work MIcrosot 365 account. The second list is contacts shared with my colluegues at work, through a separate Microsoft 365 account that we all use for work contacts and calendars. The third is my iCloud account, but the only entry in there is me.

This setup always worked perfectly on my 2017 MS7D, initially with MCU 1 (Nvidia) and later with MCU 2 (Atom) - it still works perfectly with my wife's 2019 M3SR+ MCU 2 (Atom).

My wife's iPhone is setup in exactly the same way as mine, with two Microsoft 365 accounts - it too works perfectly with her car, but not mine.

My 2023 MYP has a Ryzen processor (and presumably a differnt chipset to support it) and I suspect that's the issue, as I've tried syncing with two other MY's and I get exactly the same problem.

I'm guessing eveyone with this issue has multiple contact lists (possibly via Microsoft accounts)?

Reactions: Trilodroid
I‘m afraid I can’t add any help here, just weight to the number of people suffering this problem. I collected my M3LR Dec 2022 same story. iPhone 13, sync permitted on ‘phone and on Tesla, initially no contacts syncing and random earlier calls appear on the car. Forgot the ‘phone and re-paired now no contacts and no calls syncing.

Problem SOLVED - It happens when the iPhone has an Exchange Mail account, you need to create a list on iCloud to add your exchange contacts into then REMOVE the Exchange contacts from your iPhone, its only the the Contacts that effect this and not the Calendar, the Calendar must be set to sync in the Tesla App under Settings, Hope this helps. My contact, Favouites and Calendar now all working. only issue is if I add a new contact to me exchange account i need to also added it to the list on my iPhone. Tesla has an issue syncing with the contacts in an Exchange server account