Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Partial Contacts Sync over Bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Problem SOLVED - It happens when the iPhone has an Exchange Mail account, you need to create a list on iCloud to add your exchange contacts into then REMOVE the Exchange contacts from your iPhone, its only the the Contacts that effect this and not the Calendar, the Calendar must be set to sync in the Tesla App under Settings, Hope this helps. My contact, Favouites and Calendar now all working. only issue is if I add a new contact to me exchange account i need to also added it to the list on my iPhone. Tesla has an issue syncing with the contacts in an Exchange server account

As I feared… I have multiple Exchange accounts, some are shared with my colleagues at work, so not viable for me. Hopefully Tesla will get it sorted 🤞

As I feared… I have multiple Exchange accounts, some are shared with my colleagues at work, so not viable for me. Hopefully Tesla will get it sorted 🤞
You can still have exchange accounts but would need to duplicate your contacts into a cloud list (export etc), you would just need to turn off the exchange contacts on the phone, they would still be on the account and computers worth the initial effort to get the contacts and favourites in the car

You can still have exchange accounts but would need to duplicate your contacts into a cloud list (export etc), you would just need to turn off the exchange contacts on the phone, they would still be on the account and computers worth the initial effort to get the contacts and favourites in the car

Thanks EV_SteveA, it get that, but it’s going to be a PITA keeping multiple Exchange accounts synced with iCloud manually - I’ve got thousands of contacts (both business and personal), with more being added daily. I can’t believe that people with Exchange accounts are a small subset, so hopefully Tesla will get it sorted 🤞

Reactions: Trilodroid
I don’t know if this is actually the problem either because we also have two Teslas (22MS and 22MY) and I only have this issue on our MY. 🤷‍♂️
Pretty sure a 2022 MS will have the Ryzen - I’m in the UK and we don’t have the new MS/MX yet 😢 You should be able to check which processor you have in each car via the MCU. I think it’s under “Additional Vehicle Information”. Would be interesting to know!

Pretty sure a 2022 MS will have the Ryzen - I’m in the UK and we don’t have the new MS/MX yet 😢 You should be able to check which processor you have in each car via the MCU. I think it’s under “Additional Vehicle Information”. Would be interesting to know!
Just checked both vehicles (2022 MS and 2022 MY), they both have ADM Ryzen. I only have this issue on the MY. My wife does not experience this problem.

Same problem here with my MYLR2023 and iPhone. Private contacts in gmail and company contacts in exchange. Only a few contacts is shown.
If I disable exchange contacts on iphone and reenables bluetooth contact sync on tesla then alle private accounts is shown
To get it all to work i have installed icloud for windows. It shows itself in outlook after outlook restart. Drag and drop all your accounts from exchange. Remember to press "+" for copy :) . Next enable icloud in contacts on iphone and then reenables bluetooth contact sync on tesla.
All private and company contacts is now shown
Bonus : call history now shows ok as well
Works fine for me until Tesla gets it fixed

Same problem here with my MYLR2023 and iPhone. Private contacts in gmail and company contacts in exchange. Only a few contacts is shown.
If I disable exchange contacts on iphone and reenables bluetooth contact sync on tesla then alle private accounts is shown
To get it all to work i have installed icloud for windows. It shows itself in outlook after outlook restart. Drag and drop all your accounts from exchange. Remember to press "+" for copy :) . Next enable icloud in contacts on iphone and then reenables bluetooth contact sync on tesla.
All private and company contacts is now shown
Bonus : call history now shows ok as well
Works fine for me until Tesla gets it fixed
Yep, that’s pretty much where I’ve got to as well. All OK until someone else adds a contact to the original shared list. I think it’s something to do with multiple exchange accounts and possibly sub folders containing contacts - will report back once I’ve had a chance to tinker!

Yep, that’s pretty much where I’ve got to as well. All OK until someone else adds a contact to the original shared list. I think it’s something to do with multiple exchange accounts and possibly sub folders containing contacts - will report back once I’ve had a chance to tinker!
yeps!
put in calender once a week: copy / paste > update all. Wait 5 minutes and it works again

yeps!
put in calender once a week: copy / paste > update all. Wait 5 minutes and it works again
It definitely can’t deal with multiple contacts folders in Exchange/Microsoft 365. As soon as I disable the contacts sync on one of my Microsoft 365 accounts the contacts in my remaining account and iCloud account all populate. I also get my recent calls and favourites back. Just for clarity, the contacts in my iCloud account are an exact copy of those in the now disabled Microsoft 365 account. I’ve previously asked Tesla to escalate this, but they wanted all of my contacts details to do so. Will now try again!

Problem SOLVED - It happens when the iPhone has an Exchange Mail account, you need to create a list on iCloud to add your exchange contacts into then REMOVE the Exchange contacts from your iPhone, its only the the Contacts that effect this and not the Calendar, the Calendar must be set to sync in the Tesla App under Settings, Hope this helps. My contact, Favouites and Calendar now all working. only issue is if I add a new contact to me exchange account i need to also added it to the list on my iPhone. Tesla has an issue syncing with the contacts in an Exchange server account

Same issues. My iPhone including iCloud and Exchange contacts synced perfectly with my M3. Lease ended, new MY, now missing large number of contacts. I removed gmail and Exchange account contacts so just iCloud is trying to sync. Favorites and Recent calls are present. Re-pairing, resetting etc. doesn’t help. Is this going to be fixed?

Same issues. My iPhone including iCloud and Exchange contacts synced perfectly with my M3. Lease ended, new MY, now missing large number of contacts. I removed gmail and Exchange account contacts so just iCloud is trying to sync. Favorites and Recent calls are present. Re-pairing, resetting etc. doesn’t help. Is this going to be fixed?
I encountered a similar issue where not all of my contacts were syncing from Outlook to my iPhone and then to my MY. Here are the steps I took to resolve the problem; I exported all of my Outlook contacts to a CSV file and opened it in Excel. Upon examination, I found that some of the address fields contained special characters like carriage returns. I removed the carriage returns and fixed the formatting of the file.I saved the file as a CSV UTF-8 format. Using the Outlook web client, I deleted all of my existing contacts and imported the cleaned up contacts from the CSV file. I reset and resynced my Outlook contacts on my iPhone with the iPhone Contact app.Lastly, I resynced my iPhone with the car and everything worked perfectly.

Reactions: KDeanCville
It seems that special characters embedded in the address field were the culprit behind the syncing issues. I recommend using the Outlook web client for all export and import activities since it is always updated to the latest version. I hope this solution helps you with your own syncing problems.

It seems that special characters embedded in the address field were the culprit behind the syncing issues. I recommend using the Outlook web client for all export and import activities since it is always updated to the latest version. I hope this solution helps you with your own syncing problems.
Hi Freez.
Is it only carriage return's that cause the issue. In the process of trying to clean my 1700 exchange contacts going back 20 years and there are all sorts of characters in it.
Lots of , ' ; # etc. Any of these cause trouble or is only carriage returns.

Thanks,
Neil

Hi Freez.
Is it only carriage return's that cause the issue. In the process of trying to clean my 1700 exchange contacts going back 20 years and there are all sorts of characters in it.
Lots of , ' ; # etc. Any of these cause trouble or is only carriage returns.

Thanks,
Neil
I too am having the same issue and raised it with Tesla. Their response was the following - which begs the question, how do you determine which contacts are saved as vCards? If we can get to that, and resolve it, by recreating the problematic contacts - then this could be the fix!

"We have investigated the issue your wife has in regards to syncing her contacts with your Tesla.

The issue is that some of her contacts are saved as Vcards (virtual contact file) and currently the car cannot identify them which prevents it from syncing contacts at all.

This issue is under investigation, in the meanwhile you can try and identify which contacts are saved as Vcards and remove them from her phone, this should solve this issue for now."

I fixed mine this way.... I removed the Exchange account from the default mail client. Then I added it back via the Outlook App. Then I had the Contacts sync from the Outlook App to the phone, this is under the Gear, under Office365 (Save Contacts). Then, to get my calendar back onto the native calendar, I went and created an ICS share via Office 365 on the web on my calendar. All my Contacts work, all my Favorites immediately appeared, and the Calendar is there as well.