Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Partial front or full front PPF question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got this quote , seems fair . Is full front worth it for 2x the money ?
Paint Protection Film (Clear Bra): Our ULTIMATE PLUS Paint Protection Film is a virtually invisible urethane layer that protects your vehicle’s paint from everyday damages including scuffs, scratches, chips, and more.

1. “Partial Front” – This protection package will provide coverage for the complete front bumper, headlights, side view mirrors as well as the leading 12-14” of the hood and front fenders. This can be completed in approximately 1-2 days and the pricing is $995.00 +tax.

2. “Full Front” – This package offers the same protection as the Partial – including the bumper, headlights, side view mirrors but will also include coverage on the complete hood and front fenders. This application takes approximately 2-3 days and is $1,995.00 +tax.

As a PPF installer, we always tell customers if you do 18” partial you’ll get a rock chip at 19”. If you do full front you’ll get a chip on the door. Spend what you’re comfortable with but I always suggest full front to avoid the ugly seams. Maximize your protection.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
As a PPF installer, we always tell customers if you do 18” partial you’ll get a rock chip at 19”. If you do full front you’ll get a chip on the door. Spend what you’re comfortable with but I always suggest full front to avoid the ugly seams. Maximize your protection.
I went full front for this very reason.

Partial was probably more like what I was looking for (cost wise), but I didn't want a line or half the hood covered so I just went for full. I'm happy with my decision.

Paint Protection Film (Clear Bra): Our ULTIMATE PLUS Paint Protection Film is a virtually invisible urethane layer that protects your vehicle’s paint from everyday damages including scuffs, scratches, chips, and more.

1. “Partial Front” – This protection package will provide coverage for the complete front bumper, headlights, side view mirrors as well as the leading 12-14” of the hood and front fenders. This can be completed in approximately 1-2 days and the pricing is $995.00 +tax.

2. “Full Front” – This package offers the same protection as the Partial – including the bumper, headlights, side view mirrors but will also include coverage on the complete hood and front fenders. This application takes approximately 2-3 days and is $1,995.00 +tax.
I live in South Florida. I was able to get Full Front PPF and ceramic coating for $2,000. Dropped off on Monday and picked up on Friday.

Full front (hood/mirrors/fenders/bumper) and then do the small pieces on the rocker panels on the rear doors, really bad area for rock chips and then a small piece at the trunk to avoid scraping any cargo.

Got my wife's Lexus done today (front 18" hood/fenders). When I talked to the installer about getting a deal on the MY I have on order, he suggested that I go with full front coverage. Even so, I think for the $1100 difference between full hood/fenders and front 18", I might be okay with a seam and put $500 of that towards lower door protection.

In this market it'd be cheaper just to sell the car and get a new one if you get a chip in the paint rather than spend the money on PPF...

Joking aside, I've had partial PPF on my Macan for almost 8 years and never was bothered by the line across the hood (or looking for it). It is definitely more noticeable now than it was years ago, but for me it's a functional application.

Joking aside, I've had partial PPF on my Macan for almost 8 years and never was bothered by the line across the hood (or looking for it). It is definitely more noticeable now than it was years ago, but for me it's a functional application.
I think it depends on the color. On my silver BMW and red MINI, I was fine with the line and it wasn't very noticeable. Something told me that the line would be much more prominent on my white MY so I ended up getting the full front done.

That seems kind of expensive given your locale. I paid $1800 for Xpel full front in socal and everything here is more expensive.

In any case, regardless of price add rear door quarter PFF, diy it cuz it's cheap at $40 can buy it off amazon.