Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Partial or full XPEL covering?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's no beating the peace of mind from covering the entire car. If I could have gotten $4500 for the whole car, I would have done it. I paid $3500 for just the front end (back to the windshield) and the roof.

To answer your question, I've not found that there's a lot of visual difference between the covered and uncovered portion. Not once has an observer noticed or commented upon the partial covering.

I went with a package similar to the $1300 option you specified below. All of the high impact areas are covered, so I didn't see any point in paying an additional $3-4K on an entire wrap. I had the choice of XPEL or SunTek, but went with SunTek since the installer said that it would look better on my metallic blue paint.

I just got a quote from a local XPEL installer of $4500 for a full wrap or $1300 for bumper, fenders, hood, mirrors. That package looks like this: http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...a8e4b01e05d9b66a1d/1420424361341/?format=750w

That is a dramatically lower price.

So...

1. Does the rest of the car need as much protection?

2. Will the car covered by the wrap look better/different than the part without it?

Thanks!

To answer your questions specifically:

1) Rest of the car comes down to peace of mind. I got full front, all doors, rear quarter panels and luggage area done. You will not regret getting more done compared to less as long as you can afford it. Darker cars will probably benefit from a wrap (cosmetically speaking) more than a very light colored car since dark cars tend to show blemishes more. Doors seemed like a priority to me since those are prone to door dings and other types of scratches all of which I've had on previous cars.

2) I can't tell any difference from the parts that are wrapped vs not wrapped. I would argue the wrapped areas actually look better since they resist finger prints and dirt more than naked paint. Looks fantastic.