Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Partial Premium Doesn't Come With Ambient Lights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just confirming that only the full premium version has the footwell locations enabled, for now, at least. I do get that Tesla needs to differentiate between models, but software-limiting something that's not listed on the official spec sheets, and still fitting the bulbs, seems a bit petty. It also seems likely they might enable in the future, either for a fee, or maybe part of of a 'bundle upgrade', since there's other features that are already installed, just not enabled.

Does anyone in this thread know if (for the non-premium versions)....:

- The door bin light are enabled in the ?
- All four puddle lights (one in each door) are enabled?

Reactions: jjfash
Apparently this chart didn't make it out very far but I was aware I wasn't getting ambient footwell lights when I purchased my SR+. https://i.imgur.com/Bg32BKL.png

I have a SR+ and was actually considering buying the footwell lights from abstract ocean.

@Curb71 You knew you weren't getting footwell lights, yet you considered buying aftermarket replacements?

I've only had the car a week but I've never seen the footwell lights actually turn on.

This type of mis-information may be confusing to new readers, so let me make it clear that SR+ doesn't come with ambient lights (door bin lights & footwell lights) and Tesla has yet to include this in their trim features comparison.

• Disagree
Reactions: Curb71
So I replaced my puddle lights today and had the extra stock bulbs. I decided to remove the footwell lights and swap them with the extra bulbs. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

I do not know if this software limited or not, but it seems despite same connector and size, footwell lights are different. Abstract ocean sells footwell lights separately as regular lights did not work in the footwell.

I understand this. I'm okay with the differences in trims and the pricing. My issue is the lack of transparency when I'm trying to make a decision. I was on the fence between Partial Premium and Premium. Had I known that the Partial Premium didn't have the Ambient Lighting or Floor Mats, I have have reconsidered and gone with the Premium.
Seriously? I agree the foot well lights should not have been “deleted”. Yet, I’m sure IF the sales rep had said “Sir, I realized based upon your well thought out analysis that the premium sound system and the other stated premium upgrades sere not worth the additional $3,000, but are you aware that we are deactivating the foot well lights not going to give you these cheap floor mats, that would not have have put you over the edge for the extra $3000.

• Disagree
Reactions: jjfash
I understand this. I'm okay with the differences in trims and the pricing. My issue is the lack of transparency when I'm trying to make a decision. I was on the fence between Partial Premium and Premium. Had I known that the Partial Premium didn't have the Ambient Lighting or Floor Mats, I have have reconsidered and gone with the Premium.
You can always try our Road Comforts Tesla Model 3 good value floor mats for $79.99 on Amazon to make up the difference.

Buy now: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGXB2G4

or visit us at:

www.roadcomforts.com

Tesla has mentioned that they are working on offering package upgrades for customer that later wish they had originally ordered a different configuration. I doubt that they will offer the individual items ala carte, but more likely as a package.

Some buyers purchased a base configuration, but on delivery they got many of the features that were supposed to only be available with premium packages.

There were some posts of owners gleefully mentioning all the stuff they got for free. Tesla is now in the process of decontenting those buyers as they get the software written to configure those cars as originally configured.

Work around hack. I installed some lighter colored floor mats, and that significantly lightened up the footwells and interior.

Did you use this power location to get switched 12v power?
Thinking about doing this myself for my car.
You can read the thread I created here. At that time, I didn't know about the swith 12V power, but if I had to redo again I'll select the switch 12v power...Just know that newer car, there might be a red wire plug into this slot, so you just need to tap power from the red wire.

• Helpful
Reactions: AdamMacDon