TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Partially Active autopilot

Discussion in 'Autonomous Vehicles' started by gowthamn, Jun 11, 2017.

1. gowthamn

gowthamn Science

I would like Tesla to have the feature where autopilot intervenes only if the drives makes a mistake. For example, if I change lanes with a car in my blind spot, then the car should stop me from doing so. Several manufacturers offer this feature. It should no be hard for Tesla to implement it.

Also, any chance a blind spot indicator be added to the side mirrors?

2. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

I think the advanced side collision warning feature in AP2 is what you are asking for:

3. BrettS

BrettS Member

Something like this might be nice, but there are also cases where it could cause problems too. What if you knew full well that you were swerving into another car, but you were doing so to avoid a pedestrian that just stepped out into the road in front of you? You don’t want the car to try to stop you from hitting the other car and cause you to hit the pedestrian instead.

There are a lot of different scenarios to consider as full self driving gets closer and automated safety features start becoming available

• Like x 1