Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parting out three (3) 2017 Model S vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i'm looking for this plastic piece, driver side air suspension height sensor, do you have this? I accidentally snapped off the plastic ball piece on this thing

bxzZVnK.jpg

Part # 1027941-00-B

Just bought a used Model S 100...don't know the audio in it, but don't think its premium. Does anyone know if this can be swapped out??
Congrats - great choice. Easy way to check is pop the large trim piece that goes under the steering wheel. Above your left knee is the radio. If it has a large plug with a purple lever on the front of it (amp), it is premium...standard doesn't have the amp and no large plug. Iff it is the standard, you could do a swap with some work. Would need to change out dash wire harness, radio, front door speakers, add two midrange speakers to dash (slots are there and plugs would be on new harness), subwoofer to right rear along with the rh rear sidewall carpet panel, and add two midrange speakers to liftgate. Depending on the build date, you would also possibly need to change out the wire harness in the liftgate and entire RH cabin harness, but at some point they just started using universal harnesses. If you check the end of the RH cabin wire harness back where the sub goes, it may or may not have the end plug for the sub. If it does, you only need to add the sub, carpet and midrange speakers in liftgate with no need to swap out those wire harnesses.

You then would need someone to program the premium radio into the software, as I have heard Tesla will not change options. Lots of work but the sound difference is significant.

Congrats - great choice. Easy way to check is pop the large trim piece that goes under the steering wheel. Above your left knee is the radio. If it has a large plug with a purple lever on the front of it (amp), it is premium...standard doesn't have the amp and no large plug. Iff it is the standard, you could do a swap with some work. Would need to change out dash wire harness, radio, front door speakers, add two midrange speakers to dash (slots are there and plugs would be on new harness), subwoofer to right rear along with the rh rear sidewall carpet panel, and add two midrange speakers to liftgate. Depending on the build date, you would also possibly need to change out the wire harness in the liftgate and entire RH cabin harness, but at some point they just started using universal harnesses. If you check the end of the RH cabin wire harness back where the sub goes, it may or may not have the end plug for the sub. If it does, you only need to add the sub, carpet and midrange speakers in liftgate with no need to swap out those wire harnesses.

You then would need someone to program the premium radio into the software, as I have heard Tesla will not change options. Lots of work but the sound difference is significant.
An even easier way the requires no effort is to click the audio settings and see if there's an option to enable Dolby or not in the submenu.

Hi all - I just completed a project and am selling off all my extra parts. I have the following that were in wrecks:

1) P100D 297 miles - black with black interior, premium audio, cold weather package, carbon fiber, 1 brick damaged
2) P100D 9,700 miles - black with black interior
3) 90D 2,600 miles - black with tan interior, premium audio, cold weather package, carbon fiber

Please PM if you are looking for something, including part number and offer if possible, but please be patient with responses as I do travel often. I will try to keep this updated as major components sell.

Thanks,
Chris
The lower grill that covers the radiator and the two small black pieces that go with it. Any of the hoods if in good shape and still available. I need the driver side chrome window trim and would be interested in all the window trim if you can remove it. The front undertray. The louvers and inlays. Headlights, fog lights. Please PM if you have a lot of parts still available as I am interested in a lot. Thanks

The lower grill that covers the radiator and the two small black pieces that go with it. Any of the hoods if in good shape and still available. I need the driver side chrome window trim and would be interested in all the window trim if you can remove it. The front undertray. The louvers and inlays. Headlights, fog lights. Please PM if you have a lot of parts still available as I am interested in a lot. Thanks
I have the window trim pieces but don't have much left on the front end parts. Will do some checking and PM you on it. Thanks