TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Parts Availability

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Hitman007, Jul 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hitman007

Hitman007 Member

Can current S owners who have needed parts give me an idea of your wait time to get those parts and repairs done?

2. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

What parts?

3. Hitman007

Hitman007 Member

Glass, fenders, lights, any post accident comments...

4. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Its all over the place, some parts can be in stock and show up in a day or two, others can take 6 months.

5. kort677

kort677 Active Member

the availability (lack thereof) of replacement parts is another of the dark secrets of tesla ownership

6. Ace007

Ace007 Member

I can say it is getting better but sometimes you have to bug them to get it processed if you see there is a delay.

7. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

When/if you discover you have a problem. PM JonMc. And read this. What to do with Model X in repair Read Post #17. Don't waste your chance until you have a problem though.

8. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

If you have a car at a shop, and haven't already, you should reach out to Tesla's body shop support team: Body Shop Support

• Helpful x 1
  9. f-stop

f-stop Member

I had some minor front left damage repaired on my MS - front bumper cover, left front fender, 1 parking sensor, a couple other misc front trim pieces (fender wasn't repaired, just a new one bolted on). The local approved body shop I went to was booked up so I had to wait 4 weeks for an appointment, but in the meantime they ordered parts from Fremont, which arrived before the repair started. But after starting the work they discovered one additional part was needed (broken headlight housing) - waiting for that added maybe 3-5 extra days in the shop. Total time my S was in the shop including painting:10 business days.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  10. TM Ownership

TM Ownership Member

We can help -- we have a team of Body Repair case managers at your disposal. Email the name and VIN to [email protected] and they will hop right on the repair. We're shipping 95% of parts within 4 days of order.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  11. DC Autocraft

DC Autocraft Local Vendor - SoCal

Which parts and what model year? We can try to give you an idea on how long we're waiting (if at all) for those parts.

• Like x 1
  12. rocketshipp85

rocketshipp85 Member

Are you still debating about getting a P100D after what happened to your old X and want to make sure if you do end up in an accident you don't need to wait to long for parts?

13. zjfk2

zjfk2 Member

My car was in the shop about 5 weeks for a collision with a deer . Replaced hood, bumper cover ,headlight , and a bunch of plastic brackets under the bumper cover . There was also minor damage to one of the fenders up by the a pillar that was repaired . Complete respray to the front of the car

Body shop claimed they preordered most of the parts . There was a delay for the brackets of about 1.5 weeks . The funny part was Tesla had sent the parts, the car was reassembled and the advocacy team was still telling me they didn't have an eta for one of the missing parts .