Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parts Availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can current S owners who have needed parts give me an idea of your wait time to get those parts and repairs done?
I had some minor front left damage repaired on my MS - front bumper cover, left front fender, 1 parking sensor, a couple other misc front trim pieces (fender wasn't repaired, just a new one bolted on). The local approved body shop I went to was booked up so I had to wait 4 weeks for an appointment, but in the meantime they ordered parts from Fremont, which arrived before the repair started. But after starting the work they discovered one additional part was needed (broken headlight housing) - waiting for that added maybe 3-5 extra days in the shop. Total time my S was in the shop including painting:10 business days.

My car was in the shop about 5 weeks for a collision with a deer . Replaced hood, bumper cover ,headlight , and a bunch of plastic brackets under the bumper cover . There was also minor damage to one of the fenders up by the a pillar that was repaired . Complete respray to the front of the car

Body shop claimed they preordered most of the parts . There was a delay for the brackets of about 1.5 weeks . The funny part was Tesla had sent the parts, the car was reassembled and the advocacy team was still telling me they didn't have an eta for one of the missing parts .