Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parts availabily still problematic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wife had a rock strike on the interstate this morning. Windshield cracked with impact. 2 long cracks. One of the cracks is greater then 2 feet. Looks like its going to need a replacement given the size of the cracks. I called the Charlotte center after checking with a local glass replacement company who wouldn't/couldn't replace the windshield. Charlotte service center informed me that it would be 6 weeks before a replacement would be available. They offered to call around to other service centers, but every other service center is a 5 hour drive from where I live. I can't say I was that surprised, but I am disappointed. My model S had to wait for parts while it was in the body shop. It also took 2 months before the mobile ranger came to fix the power assist motor in the drivers door. Most of that delay was also waiting for parts.

I am baffled by this.
They just delivered over 10,000MX in the last 12 weeks. That is over 800 windshields a week.
How can it take 6 weeks to get one replacement windshield, which is a known breakable part?
Please let us know how this works out.

I am baffled by this.
They just delivered over 10,000MX in the last 12 weeks. That is over 800 windshields a week.
How can it take 6 weeks to get one replacement windshield, which is a known breakable part?
Please let us know how this works out.
Perhaps the parts are being delivered by the Tesla semi, it probably takes 5 weeks for it to drive from CA to TN.

hehe couldn't resist

I've only waited a week and a half for a new windshield, and that was with installation.

Apparently mine was warped, and the Service guys caught it while my car was in for other reasons.

There wasn't any visual distortion, but at an angle you could see there was a protrusion. It somewhat interfered with the sun visors.