Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parts Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Just went to the Tesla service center near me, and I went in looking to see if I could get the Model 3 Performance Pedals. The service/parts? guy was like, did you see it on the web site, and I said no. I was like well there should be a part number correct..and he said yes.

And that's where to me, things got awkward. Instead of saying, here let me look up that part number, he just stopped and I had to ask

Is this something, (the part number) I should know and come to you with or is that something you do?

He was pretty much of the frame of mind that the part number is something I should have on me. Which is 100% different than any other car parts division of any other car company.

If this WASNT the parts guy, he didn't even offer to get me to the parts guy. I just walked out of there going this is weird.

Any advice?

Mark

Just came back from an other post on "how to purchase replacement "small parts" for Model 3.

Tesla motor's service/parts department motto should be: designed by introverts for introverts.

Well at least that's my very first experience.

Onwards and upwards I hope :)

In some ways it's a very powerful tool, and to be able to look up parts at home from the factory website is pretty amazing, but I was surprised the guy didn't even head me in that direction.

Really have to thank this website because I wouldn't have even known about the parts catalog... Thank you all!!!