Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parts???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been waiting nearly a month for a rear door handle for a door that failed on day 2. Not the end of the world, but my kids are getting tired of walking around the car when I pick them up at school. Evidently many owners in the northeast are also waiting for various parts. I understand the need to build cars, but at this point I think Tesla needs to start diverting parts to owners that have been patiently waiting for their cars to be made whole. As early adopters, we took a leap of faith with the understanding that Tesla would stand by their product and correct early build issues quickly. Tesla needs to keep its side of the bargain. The service centers are useless if they can't get the parts they need.

Two phone calls so far. "We know the part is back ordered and we can not tell you when it will be available." " I tried to reach Fremont but they are not picking up"??? Obviously they have the part or cars could not come off line. It is a question of priorities, hopefully when this financial quarter ends Tesla will start to worry about cars it has in the field, and not just making production numbers. I have also tried pulling fuses, which I think I will try again. If anyone has a sequence that worked for them please feel free to post. I know from my service rep that many others in the NY area are awaiting various parts that have been ordered for weeks.

my kids are getting tired of walking around the car when I pick them up at school..

it is tough being a kid these days...

2qjio0g.jpg

Funny meme kinddog. No, my kids are'nt suffering, nor am I, but it is a minor safety issue. However, the point of the post, which I am sure you fully understand, is that Tesla has taken a vacation from supplying service centers with much needed replacement parts. I frankly think a month is a reasonable amount of patience on a brand new car. Most on this board would agree. Can you drive a car with non working door or a cracked windshield?...yes. However, if this were Audi, BMW or MB none of us would tolerate this BS.