TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Party at Picnic Creek 2015 - Help Pick the Date

Discussion in 'TMC Connect' started by bonnie, Mar 2, 2015.

?

Which date works best for you?

Poll closed Mar 9, 2015.
  1. Only Thursday, Sunday is a deal-breaker

4.2%
  2. Only Sunday, Thursday is a deal-breaker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Thursday preferred

29.2%
  4. Sunday preferred

25.0%
  5. I don't care, just pick a day

41.7%
  1. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

TMC Connect 2015 is tentatively scheduled for the weekend of July 11th. Last year, Party at Picnic Creek (PPC2014) was held on the Thursday night prior to the conference. Sunday night wasn't an option because of Refuel events.

We have a choice this year between Thursday (right before the conference) or Sunday afternoon/eve (right after the conference). I liked having it right before, but I did get several regrets from people who couldn't make it because of work conflicts.

So I thought I'd throw it out there and find out which day is preferred for PPC2015. Obviously vote only if you're thinking of attending.

2. roblab

roblab Active Member

One benefit of right after would be any of us that couldn't make the conference could hear about it sooner. I can't think of a down side other than transportation: You have those that couldn't come early because of work, and there will be those that can't stay late because they have to get to the airport and back to work.

Sure is great to be retired!!!!

3. bonnie

We'd probably get more Tesla folks that are based in Fremont, if on Sunday. (Except those working on my Model X!)

If people make travel arrangements for their return flight out of Sacramento (SMF), they'd be about 30 minutes away.

4. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

I like the Thursday option, but flexible as I'm planning on hanging around the Bay Area a few days after the conference.

5. bonnie

If it's Sunday, you can still stop and pick up wood for any potential bonfires. :) In fact, if it's Sunday, I won't mind if a few people stop on their way down the coast and help me get everything set up Thurs before I leave for the conference. (Hint hint) Pre-PPC2015!

6. Zextraterrestrial

I am hoping to help either you or at the conference...prefer to help @PPC
    down the coast though? not sure I understand :tongue: I5 /= coast

7. bonnie

Hahah ... from the perspective of PNW people, it's down the coast. For you, it's inland.

8. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Sunday would be great.

9. lorih

lorih Member

I didn't click choice yet, because my choice would be "either", provided it doesn't conflict with Refuel. Does anyone know date for Refuel yet?

10. slcasner

slcasner Member

Looks like it is not announced yet, but Speedventures has track days at Laguna Seca on June 26-28.

11. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

Sweet. Will have to wait for the details for the conference first. In any case, I'd be more than willing to help out and donate again where/when I can.

I'm planning on a rollercoaster/theme park tour in southern California before the trip, with possibly a Reno, or Vegas added to it. In July 1982 I did them all, in July 1985 I did them all again. Now 30 years later I want to do them again in July 2015! 30 years, where did the time go?

12. cpa

cpa Member

Forgive my ignorance, but I haven't the foggiest as to what y'all are referring to! (Or maybe it is supposed to be that way :smile:) Is this something by invitation only?

13. bonnie

Last year we had a *little* bbq here because of the folks driving cross-country for TMC Connect. And it just kind of grew from there, till we had a live band, giveaways from Tesla, games, etc.

It is by invitation, but I extend it to most everyone :), especially if you're kind of local and/or attending TMC Connect. We had just over 100 people here last year. I'll be opening it up a little bigger this year, since we had plenty of space.

Here's a little taste of what last year was all about:

PIP1.jpg

14. Nevek

Nevek Overt Member

Be careful what you wish for, you may end up with riff-raff like me.

15. bonnie

I've got plenty of bouncers. :)

A couple more shots from last year. We used the neighbor's field as a parking lot:

PIP10.jpg

And Friday morning, we all met and had a long caravan down to TMC Connect. (Tesla tweeted out the image):

PIP20.jpg

16. Half Dollar Bill

Half Dollar Bill Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant

I'm planning to drive cross-country this year but I think TMC may be a week or two early for me.
    But as to your picnic problem, why compromise? Have it on BOTH days. :biggrin:

17. dbullard

dbullard Member

I plan on driving down from Oregon again this year, would love to be there this time :)

18. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

The only thing that concerns me about having the PPC on Sunday is the traffic on highway 80 on the weekends. May not be a concern for some but if you have to drive form the Bay Area it is usually very crowded on the weekends. FYI

19. bonnie

Worse during the week!

20. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

During commute but how is it on off commute hours?