TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Party at Picnic Creek 2015 - Sunday, July 12th

Discussion in 'TMC Connect' started by bonnie, Apr 26, 2015.

1. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

#1 bonnie, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    ---- UPDATE ----

REGISTER FOR THE PICNIC AT: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/party-at...ts-16353669265

I'm using EventBrite this year - easier organization and ensures that everyone is donating the same towards costs (thanks to those of you who donated lasted year, it helped).

Costs cover caterer, beverages, and live music. Anything above and beyond (which I doubt, but hey, could happen!), will either be seed money for next year or (if a large amount) used to donate a charging station to a good location.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL POST:
    Scheduled for Sunday, immediately following TMC Connect. More information will be posted in the next few days (discount rate for local hotel, time, etc.).

This will NOT interfere with the TMC Connect Sunday brunch, so please plan on lingering at the conference before heading this way.

The 2nd Annual Party at Picnic Creek will be on Sunday, July 12th, in Loomis, CA. There are a few people that would prefer Thursday - sorry - there are quite a few folks that just can't make it then because of work commits - especially Tesla staff.

For those of you wondering 'what the heck is Party at Picnic Creek??', see last year's thread.

Few updates for this year:
    • Invites will be handled through an online registration system. I'll post a link here when I have it set up. I'll also handle donations towards costs through that site, to make sure the food/drink/music/misc are covered.
    • There is now a labyrinth on the property - more about that later.
    • The mega-party hot tub is in working order.
    • I already have a few prizes donated by various EV companies, so there will be a few contests. Be ready.

Last year I limited it to 100 people because I wasn't sure how many people could easily fit here. This year we'll open it up to far more.

If you're driving through this area on the way to the conference, I'll be grateful if you can plan to stop over on Thursday and lend a hand with setup. (The lights you guys strung last year are still up and have been quite useful!)

Okay, that's it for now. More to come.

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Thanks so much Bonnie. You're the best!

3. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Wish I could make it but my anniversary is later that week and work schedules last few years have kept me away on that anniversary. I'd love to, but can't.

4. delanman

delanman Member

5. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

I would have been surprised if you had been able to get them down, frankly :)

6. bonnie

Well, I didn't mention it at the time but y'know how an extension cord was requested? That's because they went in the wrong way (there was an outlet I showed someone right at the deck to plug in, rather than a cord up over the rocks to the house...). BUT, instead of taking them down and restringing, just rewired the plug on the other end. Because you're right. Taking them down would have been a huge effort. I have pictures somewhere of all of you up in trees, directing each other. Somehow it got done. And has been appreciated all year. :)

7. dirkhh

I vaguely remember brianman and rolosrevenge and I going for that outlet and then someone told us it was needed for something else (details are hazy - it's been 9 months) and we actually ended up re-doing part of it to get to the other outlet.
    But it's entirely possible that we just confused ourselves.
    Anyway, I'm very happy it's still there and has been appreciated :)
    Which remodeling project would you like us to tackle this time?

8. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

You mean me up in trees, everyone else down below directing...

9. dirkhh

Well, from a safety perspective, taking into account relative sizes and strength... would it have been better with me on top of the ladder and you holding it?
    That said, yes, you deserve all the credit for being up there and doing the hard work.

10. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Yah, there was some competition with the entertainment for power. Also there were some plugs that either didn't work or were "human traffic unfriendly"; I forget which.

- - - Updated - - -

I clearly recall at least three of us (me included) saying "I'm not going up there" and rolo cheerfully claiming the job.

11. Zextraterrestrial

I might be able/would like to stop and help on the way down, no promises yet.
    Just signed up for the conference after quickly debating if I can really afford it...hmm, not really $ouch
    at least we have a few places to stay in the Bay Area!

12. bonnie

I'll come up with something :).

Seriously, I don't think there is any project like that. (Just don't show up early again and say 'what can we do to help???'. That was your downfall.)

I will be asking for a few volunteers to *own* different tasks, like parking, games, registration. Not that any one person will have to be on that task the entire time, but just organize it so the task is covered. More on that later.

13. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

Thankfully for us light hangers that wasn't the literal sense.

14. JPP

JPP Active Member

We're there! We're sort of local, and might not head back to Santa Clara for the Sunday brunch, so if you want early help up at Picnic Creek, just PM me.
    Thanks for hosting again.

15. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

Then I pretty much have to come then, don't I.

16. bonnie

Photo collage from last year:

sc collage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I am already nervous.

17. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

So are the crawfish.

18. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

I'm a gonna bring a proper net and catch so many crawfish.

- - - Updated - - -

And I should, all of the ones there are probably invasive Red Swamp crayfish or maybe Signals. If they're Shastas, I'll leave them alone.

19. slcasner

slcasner Member

Brilliant solution. I recall pointing out that we had the first cord in backwards from the optimal direction for plugging in, but it was already too late by then. Someday when someone takes down those strings they will wonder about finding the same plug sex on both ends of a string. At the far end from where you now plug in, I hope that you replaced the male end with a female plug (or capped it) so there were not live prongs sticking out.

20. bonnie

That was done first. :)